GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default Bose or no Bose?

I know this may be a dumb question but how do I find out if i have the bose system or not? Also, I was looking on scosche's website and they have what appear to be 2 different factory chime integration modules, one for standard bose units and the other for premium bose units. The head unit i have is the single cd, no tape with RDS and no onstar. I have a Pioneer FH-P8000BT I want to install but I want to make sure i get the right integration adapter. Thanks

Legend

your actual speaker covers on the front doors should actually say BOSE on them. Or somewhere on the actual head unit
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Sr. Apprentice

if you have the prem system it will say bose everwere
    you may be "BIG TRUCKIN" but im " real truckin"

yep they usually don't hide it. On the door speakers is where I see it most of the time.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

let me know what exact year and model your truck is and i will be able to find the exact harness for your application.

like all the other posts said, if your not sure if you have bose or not, you dont. witch in your case is a good thing! when you start trying to intergrate or bypass bose, it gets to be a pain in the butt!

the two modules are pretty simple, you dont have bose, so you want to go with the non-bose harness. the reason there is a module, even for the standard sound system, is because all your door chimes and warning chimes (i.e. your low fuel, seatbelt, door ajar) are all in the radio. this module will allow you to still have all of these chimes, witch is a good thing! your gonna want to know when you are running out of gas!

GOOD LUCK!

Cody- Tulsa, OK
    '04 silverado

Unhappy BOSE disappointment...

My 08 Silverado Crew Cab came with the premium (sticker price $685 plus $300 for the 6-disk CD/MP3 player) BOSE system w/sub woofer installed. What a disappointment this nearly $1,000 system is!!! The sound quality is marginal at best and the only way you can really appreciate the sub is if you crank the bass to max.
    Has any one else experienced the less than "premium" quality in your BOSE system? Should I take it back to the dealer and have it checked our? Are all the speakers in the system BOSE or are the rear stock?

I've installed many aftermaket stereo systems (several at the $1,000 threshold) in all types of vehicles with outstanding sound improvements. This is my first time buying a pre-installed stock "premium" system. Hey, this time I could actually afford to have somebody else install the thing so I figured, go for it. What a disappointment this system is. It definitely "lowers the bar" in my opinion for the word "premium"...

Yea the bose in the 08 crew cabs sucks. I was about to get the LTZ with it but after listening to it on a test drive found out it wasnt worth the extra hassel of trying to get rid of it to get an after market one installed and to me personnally I like the stock non-premium stereo better then the premium.
    1994 GMC Sierra 1500
    4" Rancho Suspension Lift, 2" Body Lift
    33" Tires
    True Duals with Cherry Bombs, Brush Guard, Cowl Hood

Sold 2008 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71

Legend

Yeah it blows! For that much money it isnt worth it just get the standard for the level of your truck and upgrade to aftermarket. The old man has a NBS 07 crew and the sub doesnt give you much at all and the system is set WWWWAAAYYY to much to the front speakers. In the driver seat you get all front sound and when in the back you dont hear sh*t.