GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Wheel Bearings brands.--02 sierra

I have a 5.3 v8 sierra and one of my wheel bearings is starting to go out. I drive my vehicle pretty hard around corners and what not and im Looking for a very durable wheel bearing. I'm trying to avoid the local vendors on wheel bearings such as napa and o'reillys.

Do you guys know of a brand that can take some good abuse and is very durable. Need suggestions!!
    Thanks!
    2002 Gmc sierra
    5.3 v8 1500
    k&n air intake
    20inch liquidmetal dyno 6's
    xlerator dual exhaust.

moog or timken are the brands I always go with

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

GM used some CHEAP China Bearings for a few years Moog is always good to go with
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

i have an 01 silverado and we replaced the front bearing/hub assemblies last yr... my research determined timken was the way to go... and if you want to save a lot of your cash?? go to amazon and you should be able to find the timken's for it... great prices and free shipping... love amazon almost as much as ebay...

Quote Originally Posted by vernons View Post
    i have an 01 silverado and we replaced the front bearing/hub assemblies last yr... my research determined timken was the way to go... and if you want to save a lot of your cash?? go to amazon and you should be able to find the timken's for it... great prices and free shipping... love amazon almost as much as ebay...
    Same here. I have a 2001 Silverado and I replaced my front bearing/hubs last year as well. I went with Moogs, though. No complaints so far but I have only had them about six months.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!