GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2004 Tahoe Oil Leak with PICTURES.

I have a leak i cant seem to figure out. The leak seems to come from high on the engine above the oil filter. It does not leak much oil, and wont leak when im laying under it with it running. I have never had a leak in this truck bbefore so its driving me crazy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140305_172746.jpg   20140305_172732.jpg   20140305_172719.jpg   20140305_172710.jpg  

Welcome To GMTC!! I see two possible issues. first, in the last few pics it looks like the back right corner of head has oil on it. The only thing above the head that would leak is the valve cover. Great pics by the way. Second, you have a fram filter on it. I would not put one of those on my lawn mower.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Thanks for the info, I was hoping to hear something kinda simple like that, ill be looking up instructions next on how to do that valve cover gasket change. I am just glad to hear that its not the rear main, i did not feel like dropping a transmission. Yea i agree with you on the fram i just got lazy and bought it st walmart at the same time i bought my mobil 1 extended protection