GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Have any knowledge of quality fuel pumps?

What should the fuel pressure be on 97 Jimmy? Looks like Airtex, from autozone is going to be my decision for a oem pump. 277.00 w/ lifetime warranty

Autozone is where I was getting the bad pump from myself(I think it was an airtex and your price sounds right. But if they are offering lifetime warranty then I would tend to go that route.. when I was buying them they only came with a 90 day warranty. I cut the cost down by replacing just the pump inside the sending unit. But then after a couple of pumps and a couple years the gas gauge didnt want to work right.. I think in part from possibly bending the little float and wire trying to get it in and out of the tank so many times.

this is the seller on Ebay I bought the AC Delco pumps from if your interested and can wait for it. http://www.ebay.com/usr/premium-fuel-injection-pumps

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

I relaced the motor inside the unit once. Ended up taking it back and getting the whole unit. Two different style pumps. The gauge went out on both the after market pumps i bought. I have delt with the fuel pumps for the past 2 years trying to save a few bucks. I am a pro at changing them now, but i am tired of messing around with it. Going to spend on an OEM. Hopefully the gas gauge will work for more than a year.

5. Likes the phantom liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by D town View Post
    What should the fuel pressure be on 97 Jimmy? Looks like Airtex, from autozone is going to be my decision for a oem pump. 277.00 w/ lifetime warranty
    Specs are 62-66PSI BE ADVISED! a problem in the fuel pump circuit (excessive voltage drop) can, and frequently does cause low pressure and premature pump failure. ALWAYS TEST THE CIRCUIT BEFORE AND AFTER INSTALLING A NEW PUMP! especially with a history of repeated pump failures. a test light won't due, you need a meter to test for voltage drop.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by d town View Post
    still having acceleration problems and rough start. Idle is a little rough. New fuel phinp, filter, clean k & n, new electric components. I think i will change all the oxygen sensors, anyone have o2 sensor problems? I also still have gurgle sound behind dash when i accelerate. Seperate issue prob.

when the egr is 10 yrs old replace it .

Curious to know...did you figure out what the gurgle sound is behind the dash?

No. Going to replace the thermostat. Maybe a long shot, but cheap and easy. It opens. But maybe too slow. Smells like coolant every once in a while weather the air vents are on or not. Not getting my hopes up. I will definitely post a solution if found.

My '98 JImmy will start to hesitate on accel when all I have on the TB throat is brown lacquer...

Quote Originally Posted by D town View Post
    Overdue for a cleaning
    Wow, did you use anything inside the engine like seafoam or rxp in your tank? I assume you cleaned that up.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.