GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 1995 2500 6.5 diesel help

A buddy of mine has a 1995 6.5 diesel and he is having problems with it. When he puts it in gear it wants to die. If he can idle it up when he gets it in gear it will stay running and will go down the road fine. He has put new injectors in it new fuel filter new booster pump and a bunch of sensors related to the fuel system. Does anyone have any ideas what else we cold look at? Any help would be great.
    Thanks for any info anyone has to offer.
    02GMC2500 4X4 extcab.Kenda Mud tires.3"Magnaflow true dual Exhaust.throttle body spacer with K&N air filter.Hypertech programmer.White LED dash lights.LED back up lights and marker lights.LED cab lights.LED interior lights.6000k HID conversion lows, with high/low conversion.Installed Center Console

Anyone have any ideas?

what happens if he just lets the truck warm up fully before putting it in gear?

I am assuming this is an automatic transmission.. If so the 6.5 with its torque very seldom stalls. The one exception it when the toque converter does not unlock, rare on a 4l80e but not unheard of. This is a very common problem with the mid to late 90's powerstrokes. That is where i would check.