GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default White smoke on start up

Guys I need some help. I have a 2008 avalanche LT with close to 120,000 miles on it.

i have just notice after starting my truck there is a white grayish smoke coming from the exhaust pipes. The smoke is very noticeable but isn't a lot that you can't see or anything like that. It will smoke for about 3 minutes and then about 30 seconds after driving it. The check engine light isn't on and I haven't notice any problems in performance wise.

I don't think it's water or condensation because it does it when it's about 60 degrees outside. I just recently changed the oil pressure sensor, you think it could be something with that.

Checked all the fluids level, they where fine. Oil might of been a quart low. Just changed the oil and put 10W30 in it instead of the 5W30 that I have been using.

Any my idea what could be causing it to just start smoking like that at start up, it's not effecting performance. It's just embarrassing when I start the truck up?

help please!!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

You are in Trouble you are out of warranty and sounds like you have the Oil Conception case Look it up on here There are a few people like me who had it.. Mine was fixed at 86K

And Welcome..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    You are in Trouble you are out of warranty and sounds like you have the Oil Conception case Look it up on here There are a few people like me who had it.. Mine was fixed at 86K

And Welcome..

Well I renewed the warranty for upto 200,000 miles. But I think it's power train only. Does this fall into that category. Sorry. I'm a noob at mechanic parts lol

but. What you mean. Look it up on here, what do I need to type in?

Thanks for the reply

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Sorry here ya go this is one posting http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...blems-Lawsuits

5. Likes Dctackett10 liked this post
    Sr. Apprentice

It says invalid link

Sr. Apprentice

How long after the white smoke on start does the problems start to follow. As for mine. Right now. It's just a bit of little white smoke when it starts up. There's no problem when driving it. Not using much oil either

i just changed the oil. Gonna monitor it through out until next oil change.

Could it just be the valve seals. Or do you think in wasting my time with that

- - - Updated - - -

I recently just changed the oil pressure sensor cause it went out. You think they could be a problem due to that?