GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default windsheild wiper issue.

I have a problem with my wipers. The switch simply spins and doesnt turn wipers on or off. They are left on and I have to remove the fuse in order to turn them off. Does that mean I have to replace the whole switch? If so does anyone know how? Thank you. Its a 1993 Sonoma with tilt and cruise thank you.

Sr. Engineer

Is the wiper switch on the turn signal stalk? Check parts store to see if there is a separate switch or assembly for that function. I would bet not and you will have to replace the whole thing.
    2000 GMC YUKON SLT, 5.3L tow pkg, G80 rear/w 3.73 gear

Quote Originally Posted by southernbrandt745 View Post
    I have a problem with my wipers. The switch simply spins and doesnt turn wipers on or off. They are left on and I have to remove the fuse in order to turn them off. Does that mean I have to replace the whole switch? If so does anyone know how? Thank you. Its a 1993 Sonoma with tilt and cruise thank you.
    I am sure that you have to replace the entire stalk. My 1990 safari van had the same issue. I drove with no wipers for a year. Well, I had them I just had to put the fuse in. I finally got sick of dealing with it, so I removed the fuse, inserted a spade connector into one side of the fuse slot, then I installed an inline fuse and a switch that I mounted on the dash, and put the other wire from the switch to the other side of the fuse slot.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Yep, you'll have to patch it as Pikey says or replace the multifunction switch, which is expensive to buy and difficult to install.
    Minneapolis area - 1997 K2500 regular cab long bed + 8.5' Western Unimount plow + modified transmission + 2nd battery + modified camper charge circuit + 1971 Cayo camper -and- 2004 4x4 Suburban 2500 8.1 + Maxbrake controller + 2nd battery + modified trailer charge circuit + Reese receiver, pulls 30' Airstream trailer

Check with the auto supply stores. I had to replace the stalk on a Ford ranger. I bought a new one from O'Rielly's with a lifetime warranty for $30 less than Ford. Replaced it myself and it still works fine after 3 years.

Thank you everybody. I just covered the window with rainX. lol. Its a 50 dollar part and really dont have the time. However now I am gonna try to trade or sell it so now I have to.