GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by egreg View Post
    I've been dwelling on this for a few months now. I don't plan on swapping for at least another 2 years, but when the time comes I want to do it right! Papi, what sort of price are we looking at here for the all-inclusive 5.3-6.0 swap?
    paid 1800 for the motor/trans/computer/harnesses combo. it was out of a rolled over 06 escalade. it was not too bad of a price. it was low mile suv so i didnt really have to build it up from scratch. i just put aftermarket Heads/cam/Intake/headers.

for my swap i spent close to 7k for everything (*price of trans from TCI was around 2800 bucks alone*). you can get away with spending around 3k with just swapping it as it is. putting some basic bolt on go fast goodies. put a nice shiftkit on the 4L60E and call it the day. u would be happier in the long run. because it leaves a broader range for future power upgrades.
    02 Chevy HD 6.0Liter w/ Allison Trans, 6in Fabtech lift, 16in Eagle Alloy Rims on 35" Mud Brutes, Debadged, 6k HIDs, Smoked Tails, Summit Glasspack Custom catback exhaust
    00 GMC Sierra, LQ9 6.0 Swap H/C/I, TCI built trans,ZEX 100hp NOS,dynomax race bullets 445Rwhp
    05 GTO PBM, M6, H/C/I 463rwhp/SCT tuned. R.I.P

2. Likes Silveradoman74 liked this post

Default 5.3 to 6.0 swap

I am getting ready to do the swap on a 99 silverado ext cab z71!
    the 6.0 I am using came from a 2005 silverado 2500hd! The 6.0 only has 46,000 on it!
    I know I have to change intakes! I am building my 4l60e with a kit of monster transmissions!
    What else do I need! I have had several people say they done the swap just changing intakes and oil sending units, will there be any computer issues! If so does anyone know who will program or flash it for me, and what would be the cost of this service

Nothing like reviving a dead thread from 2009 with your first post....
    4.8L Vortec | 6inch Lift | 35'' BFG ALL TERRAINS | K&N Intake | AirRaid Throttle Body Space | 3inch straight pipe dumped at rear axle | BlackBear Tuned | 2 13in JL Audio Subs | 1000watt HD amp, 2.9 cap | Kenwood Dble Din | Gibson Hi Flo Cats | HIDs Hi/Los 55watt 8000k |4.56 gears |

Ls engines love boost! Rebuild the engine and install a turbo or two and you should be able to tow a freight train with 35's
    Last edited by BurbanMan; 01-20-2014 at 11:07 PM.
    Chuckie!!!

Default Engine swap

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Nothing like reviving a dead thread from 2009 with your first post....
    I was hoping for some help but I see its not going to happen on this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Silveradoman74 View Post
    I was hoping for some help but I see its not going to happen on this forum!
    There's nothing wrong with asking for help...but there is a way of going about it.....you could have introduced yourself and then did a little digging. You would have found several of these old threads exposing and talking about the swap...its a pretty comments swap these days. And as noted above it was stated what he had used for parts and what was needed. A little more searching would have confirmed that. This forum has a large group of talented and informative individuals. Reviving dead threads is a forum pet peeve at any forum you go to, and with that I'll jump of my soap box now...

scooter, just fyi, we all should do a thorough search before asking a question, but the search results are so varied, they almost seem to be random. I know it is the best we can do, and I am not complaining, but it might be worth considering the range of results the poster got if they did do a search for "ls engine swap", or similar...

Good luck with your swap, Silveradoman.
    Las Vegas, NV...2001 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Stepside X-cab, 171,000 miles, 5.3, cat-back duals, leveling kit, 3.73, 17" rims, more to come...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12