GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: manuals

Default manuals

hey there im new at replacing my intake manifold so im woundering is there any place i can get a manual online or what?

Don't worry bout the internet. Got to AutoZone or somewhere and pick you up a Haynes repair manual. Best litle books in the world. They'll walk you through everything
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
    1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
    I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.

Quote Originally Posted by myredneckchevy View Post
    hey there im new at replacing my intake manifold so im woundering is there any place i can get a manual online or what?
    You don't say what year, etc. your truck is. Autozone has free vehicle repair guides (the equivalent of Chiltons DIY manuals) for many applications, including the '88-'98 fullsize trucks. You might check there to see if they have one for your truck.

If you are willing to pay for an internet subscription service, there's alldatadiy that has more information.

If you're willing to look at a CD type purchase, I have seen factory repair manuals and other manuals on CD sold on ebay and the like.

It's far from universal, but I have seen some public libraries that can provide access to some online subscription services. Many libraries already have print manuals, too. You might look into your local library (after all, they pay for these things in part with your tax dollars).
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World

this is not a write-up.....MPDS please move to the correct folder. ----thank you...mike
    Michael Collins
    1993 4X4 Suburban
    many other toys as well