GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Identify grab bar

Hi everyone. I'm new here and sorry to invade your space. But I really need help identifying the make of a vehicle by a picture I received. It looks to be a Chevy to me but I can't be sure. Has anyone seen a grab bar that curves and juts upward as in the picture. Thank you all for your help. I'm just a girl roughing it on my own and want to find out who sent me this picture. Any advice is welcomeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	58251

Jr. Engineer

Nuttin I recognize !

Maybe somebody whacked their head off it and bent it upwards........

Maybe a Cavalier or Sunbird, something like that

1997 GMC

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking the Blazer or maybe Tahoe had a grab bar like this no? Can't seem to pinpoint it. But I'd think it is a Chevy or GMC SUV. Could be wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by Gmc4me View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I was thinking the Blazer or maybe Tahoe had a grab bar like this no? Can't seem to pinpoint it. But I'd think it is a Chevy or GMC SUV. Could be wrong though
    A tahoe or any fullsize GM grab bar is even with the top of the dash not bowing up like that. The S- series trucks, s10, blazer... have more of an angle and do rise a little over the dash, but not nearly as much as that one.
    here is one on a S-10Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0811mt_04_z+2001_chevy_s10+custom_interior.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	58276

Here is a fullsize truck like a tahoe, silverado, yukon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2005_chevrolet_silverado_1500_z71_ext_cab_4wd-pic-1161809212175719556.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	58277

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

6. Likes Gmc4me liked this post

Thank you Pikey. So now I'm wondering if I'm even in the right make of car. So you don't think this is a Chevy? I've searched bowed, arched, upward, etc dash grab handles and can't seem to place this one. If I'm in the wrong ballpark let me know. I certainly don't want to waste your time. Many thanks

The squareness of the windshield looks to me to be a truck, van, Suv. Not one that I have been in or have seen. If you figure it out please let us know.

Will do Pikey. Thanks for your help.

I spent some time Googling it and couldn't find anything like it. The pick is just too poor quality. The only think I could determine was that only GM trucks (Silverados, Blazers, Astros, Savanas) have passenger dash grab bars. Fords and Dodges do not. I do think it is a GM truck but too hard to tell beyond that. It is either a custom after-market bar or it just severely bent out of shape.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

11. Thanks Gmc4me thanked for this post
    Likes Gmc4me liked this post