GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Location of ambient air temp sensor

2006 GMC Sierra: I want to install an ambient air temp sensor on my truck so that the temp will register on the rearview mirror. The truck did not have one installed at the factory. So, where does it go?
    Green56

Quote Originally Posted by green56 View Post
    2006 GMC Sierra: I want to install an ambient air temp sensor on my truck so that the temp will register on the rearview mirror. The truck did not have one installed at the factory. So, where does it go?
    Green56
    Welcome to the Site..........for your 06" GMC Sierra the Location of the Ambient Air Temp Sensor.....is Number #1 in the Diagram, and Number #3 is the Wiring Harness for the Air Temp Sensor.

Here's a Picture of the Ambient Air Temp Sensor.

Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 03-16-2014 at 10:45 AM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

3. Likes RayVoy liked this post

Thank you. Everything works now. did you notice that there are (2) #1s? Mine is like the one on the right in the view, and snaps into place on the angle iron crosspiece. GM must have made a couple of changes during this production run.
    green56

Quote Originally Posted by green56 View Post
    Thank you. Everything works now. did you notice that there are (2) #1s? Mine is like the one on the right in the view, and snaps into place on the angle iron crosspiece. GM must have made a couple of changes during this production run.
    green56
    ....I did notice that there are 2/ Number #1's.....when you say" Everything works now"does this mean you bought this Ambient Air Sensor and Install it??.....

yes, I installed it, along with the correct mirror. I was expecting to run wiring all the way from the mirror to the front but I was pleasantly surprised to find that the wiring from the firewall to the grille was already there. So,all I had to do was plug the sensor in, mount the sensor (hence the reason for my original question) and then find the correct pins to plug into at the firewall. the connector at my mirror already accommodated the upgraded mirror. Now I have the temp & direction on my mirror. All in all it was an easy upgrade and well worth the money.
    Green56