Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: DIYers rear drum NNBS.. WTF?
03-18-2014, 01:45 PM #1
DIYers rear drum NNBS.. WTF?
Alright guys, I finally decided to change the rear drums and shoes on Truck Norris. Have any of my other DIYers on here had as much hell with the retaining "spring" they decided to use? What tricks or tips can you pass on to me on getting this back together more easily and without damaging the wheel cylinders?
This thing is a total PITA and I want to slap the person who designed it. I would much rather have 4 thousand springs to install than deal with this piece of work. I eventually got it put back together, but something went wrong and I don't have much on braking power now. I will be pulling it back apart and doing it all again, just trying to figure out the best way to go about getting it back on.
"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"
"Truck Norris"- 2008 TX Edition Silverado
- McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
- Apline Type R 10s & Amp
- Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
- Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
- Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
- Airaid CAI
- Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
"Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
- Cut to pieces, LS build pending
Tags for this Thread