GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Where does a 777 Jet plane hide???

Ok with all the media coverage on this jet that just disappeared into thin air or deep water, why is it that it cannot be found???

If its at the bottom of the ocean I would think that something would be floating from crashing into it out there for one of the many countries searching would find something.
    If its on dry land hidden then I would think by now there would be some sort of demand for something for information about it.

Anyone else have a idea or conspiracy theory???

Aliens???
    Black hole???
    Terrorist/Hijackers???
    Spontaneous Combustion??

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35" Nitto Dune Grappler Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

The sky is a big place.

So is the ocean.

Time will tell, but with prior planning to allow refuelling, it could be anywhere worldwide. A 777 is audacious but many smaller but still large craft have "disappeared" to join smuggling efforts etc.
    Minneapolis area - 1997 K2500 regular cab long bed + 8.5' Western Unimount plow + modified transmission + 2nd battery + modified camper charge circuit + 1971 Cayo camper -and- 2004 4x4 Suburban 2500 8.1 + Maxbrake controller + 2nd battery + modified trailer charge circuit + Reese receiver, pulls 30' Airstream trailer

It's a big area, a huge area, with a lot of countries that won't talk to each other. The perfect place to lose a jet, by accident, or on purpose.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Ts not missing, courtney love outsmarted everyone and found it!!

Just a friendly reminder, if this gets too far off-track or overtly political, the thread's gonna disappear. I haven't seen anything wrong yet, but it could easily go that way.

Carry on...
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
    Just a friendly reminder, if this gets too far off-track or overtly political, the thread's gonna disappear. but it could easily go that way.
    Gonna disappear like a 777 Jet??Not sure I see how but note taken.

The entire thing surprises me. Yes, there is a lot of water to cover out there. But, like said above, with 20 some countries looking you would figure that something would be found. Although it did take more than 2 years to find that air france flight and they were able to use pinging from the black box to locate it. If it was hi-jacked I am surprised that we have heard no group claim responsibility or demand a ransom. I have seen a bunch of theories out there. One said something about some group that was making a terrorist attack against China (most the people on the flight were from china) The theory said that the hi-jackers contacted air traffic control, who contacted government, who contacted china, who said that they will take care of it and to keep it quite. Yea, it is a crazy theory. The media is pointing toward a hi-jacking.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Gonna disappear like a 777 Jet??Not sure I see how but note taken.
    Well played sir.

Well no conspiracy theory here. I just think that the area in which this plane could be is just so massive that it's gonna take a good while to find. I heard it could be (without refueling) in anywhere of an area as large as like 3X's (or bigger) than the whole United States. Like imagine trying to find a plane...in that much area. Obviously they are strategically trying to search in a pattern and there are a lot of Countries looking, but still, that's a needle in a haystack.......
    2014 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 4x4 | 2.5" level/lift | 275/70/18 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac

Debris from a crash in the ocean may take weeks to find its way to shore though due to tides etc. I think its on the moon, like all the conspiracy crack heads say. I mean I've seen a space shuttle go through the atmosphere before and not fall apart. Why can't a tin can airplane with no way to support that amount of oxygen land on the moon?? I mean this is the ONLY way..

I read an article about the pilot of the plane and how many hours of flight he had logged. If the information is true this isn't some pilot that has only flown for 5 or 10 years. He is a seasoned pilot with many hours flying large commercial planes. As stated in the article pilots have plans already made out in emergencies for those just in case moments. It was saying he might have veered off course to go to a larger airport while in dire need to land.

We may never know what truly happened though unless they find some evidence soon. I pray for the families either way.
    2009 Silvia~Superlift 6"~DropStars~Nitto Trail Graps~FSOR Catback~Madtunes Racing~4.10 gears~cleared headlights~hi-6

NNBS SILVERADO BUILD

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by