GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Need some opinions -- Exterior modifications

Well, tax season was good to me so I will be looking to make some changes to ole' laser blue.

I'm becoming bored with what I have and I think it could use a face lift……so I'm going to go ahead and put an HD hood and Grille on. I really love this look and have conducted a lot of research about fitment, etc and all pans out.

Now I just need your guys' opinions about what to do with it.

I have 3 routes I feel I can go. Please bear with the crappy picture edits, I just used powerpoint to make them come together as I do not have any experience or access to photoshop or something similar.

I've got a guy lined up to do some paint work for me, I planned on having him do my hood, mirrors, and lower piece where my tow hooks are (could not represent this in the pictures). I just need your help on what look you think will flow the best. Also plan to clear the headlights (as shown).

This set up I have plans to go all chrome. Billet grille, clear Recon cab lights vs the smoked, and then I will put my stock tails and 3rd brake light back in.
    Was thinking of going with the 20x10 Fuel hostage with this set up.

Next I have this (keep in mind I want to paint the black on my front bumper and go with chrome tow hooks)

Just the stock HD grille with color matched bow tie, no changes otherwise. Keep the Recon's all the way around, and possibly add some 6 step Nfabs to make the black flow with these wheels (Fuel Maverick).

Finally, same as above but with a black bow tie:

With the two piece mavericks:

I'm absolutely torn. Of these images I like the last because it looks the most natural, so it is hard to say. With everything color matched I'm leaning towards setup no. 1

What do you guys suggest? I'm not limited to Fuel wheels either, these are just the set ups that were most appealing to me and by coincidence they happened to be Fuels. I've read some bad things about the hostage quality (pitting, peeling)…maybe someone can justify.

I went with all of the black to "toughen" up the truck, but I almost feel as if I am trying to make the truck something it's not because its just such a pretty color IMO -- so maybe I should "clean it up".

I'm also going to go with some bilstein 5100's to level off my front end and may add a RCX 1.25" BL for just a touch more height to clear the 20x10s.

Thanks in advance!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Got a good deal on Train Air Horns for ya........
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

i say option 3, but thats me.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Got a good deal on Train Air Horns for ya........
    Anything change from last time we talked??

Lol one day I want to have a set, I've just got some other things I want to do first

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    i say option 3, but thats me.

Alex
    Thanks for the input!

I always thought the black and laser blue looked good..otherwise I wouldn't have went with it in the first place.
    I really like option one, but my issue with it is that my black tonneau cover. I feel like the black on the grille evens it out a little.

Plus I really like my tail lights…and it would look weird IMO with all that chrome up front then all black in the back.
    Decisions decisions…….

Thanks for your thoughts though, I appreciate it