GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... Last Post byLast Post by

very good write up. you have some good painting techniques. you must have been asking tons of questions when you were at the body shop
    Lawrence Lee,United States Navy, Engineering.
    2008 Silverado CC. Z71 4x4. leveling kit on with exhaust hopefully putting on soon

Legend

Blog Entries

I was too busy sanding cars for the 4th and 5th time to ask questions. LOL It was with my old fire chief - he has a body shop and I spend a while there helping out and getting to know what's what about the business. I didn't do anything major but would help with the putty, hammers, sanding, dismantling, reassembly, etc etc.
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

thats good though i always wanted to know all the techniques to getting paint to stick better and last longer and look good doing it. i went as far as experimenting by srapypainting an entire car. lol. it was different. then i ran it over with my truck. but i will be trying to paint my front bumper to match my rear steel one. so we will see how well that goes.

Default Type of paint?

Curious what type/brand paint you used.
    Current Rides: |99 Chevy Suburban- the family truckster |93 Lincoln Town Car- 250K miles & still churning -now a fan of the Panther platform |95 BMW 325is coupe- Wheeee!
    Former GM cars: |78 Suburban 454 |71 Buick Electra 225 (deuce & a quarter) |75 Monte Carlo- 400SB- heaviest doors GM every made |70 Impala coupe- my 1st car

Sr. Mechanic

All of them look good ! Great write ups and the pictures help a ton!
    Be Blessed

Default One more done...

I did my 06. The embleom was held on by 2 - 10mm self threading nuts. Need a deep well socket. I painted the emblem with a satin black then clearcoat over it.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...kBowTie001.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...kBowTie006.jpg
    2006 Chevy Silverado, 5.3L, Z71, Extended Cab. Tow Mule.
    2002 Chevy Corvette Z06, 5.7L, Slightly Modded. Tow Payload.
    2005 Craftsman Riding Mower, 17hp, light mods.

Just did mine... Turned out Great!!!!!!!
    THANKS!!!!!!

Hi, I know this post was done a couple of years ago... but this is something I have wanted to do to my ride for a long trime now. This post was extremelyt helpful, but these bowties are not screwed in from the back. I think they mught actually be glued, which would make this much more difficult I'm sure... Anyways, does anyone know how to get the bowties off of an 09 Cobalt? Any advice or info would be great.

p.s. i understand this is a truck club and I am asking about a car (sorry!)... but if it helps, I just had to sell my truck and miss it very much. Need to do something to spruce this little car up. Thanks!
    Last edited by *k*m*s*; 09-02-2010 at 09:31 AM.

I'm seeing this almost daily anymore, there are at least 2 dozen trucks that I see on a given basis around town that have Blacked Out Chevy Bowties.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by *k*m*s* View Post
    Hi, I know this post was done a couple of years ago... but this is something I have wanted to do to my ride for a long trime now. This post was extremelyt helpful, but these bowties are not screwed in from the back. I think they mught actually be glued, which would make this much more difficult I'm sure... Anyways, does anyone know how to get the bowties off of an 09 Cobalt? Any advice or info would be great.

p.s. i understand this is a truck club and I am asking about a car (sorry!)... but if it helps, I just had to sell my truck and miss it very much. Need to do something to spruce this little car up. Thanks!
    It's a powerful adhesive in most cases from what I understand. Someone did a post on here a couple of years ago on how to remove, do a quick search and you might be able to find it. I think they took a paint remover/hairdryer, got it really not and pried off with a soft plastic tool.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

This article had some GREAT info in it...
    I'm looking to "black out" both bowties on my TrailBlazer... I'll post pics once I'm done for sure...

Thanks again!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... Last Post byLast Post by