GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default bulbs for DDL lights

I converted my daytime driving lights to amber and like them that way except they are so much brighter than the parking lights because they are a double filament bulb. Since one has already burned out and I have to replace it does anyone know if I can replace it with a single filament bulb like the parking lights? Would I use the same bulb as the parking light or some other bulb? Thanks

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by brillo72 View Post
    I converted my daytime driving lights to amber and like them that way except they are so much brighter than the parking lights because they are a double filament bulb. Since one has already burned out and I have to replace it does anyone know if I can replace it with a single filament bulb like the parking lights? Would I use the same bulb as the parking light or some other bulb? Thanks
    I replaced my 2000 SIL DRL lamps years ago used the long life replacements . these have a longer life because they have a rating of 14 volts... auto zone is where I got them.

Replacing them with "marker" lamps will not buy you anything. DDL lights need to be bright enough to be seen in daylight. Marker/park/tail lights are not that bright.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)