GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Transmission problem?

Hey all...

2003 TB EXT LT

I have noticed lately when the transmission shifts from 3rd to 4th gear, there seems to be a slight hesitation felt.

I would see the tach drop as soon as it shifts (like it is supposed to), then a split second later, in the pedal, I can feel a slight hesitation...kinda the same feeling it would give if there was a fuel restriction for a second or two.

Any ideas if this is a sign of something on its way out?
    Perhaps something I can save from getting worse now that I am just noticing it?

Thank in advance for any and all help!
    2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Z66 WBH, AVS smoked rain guards, AVS smoked bug shield, Bose 6-disk CD changer, Bully Fire Strip w/ Sequential turn, 6 on-high, amber DRLs, tinted euro tails, Pace Setter Performance Dual Exhaust, K&N CAI, GlowShift gauges in dual pillar pod.

OK...update...

I guess it is not just when it shifts....I have noticed that it does it a random times while driving as well.

Any ideas? I would really like to get this fixed, but not spend the ton of money just having someone look at it.

Thanks!

Well...now the wife is saying that it has slipped a couple of times over the past couple of weeks.
    I am gonna go ahead and assume that it is the transmission now...but would like to know WHAT in the transmission may be causing this?