GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Chewin up Trannys

A few years ago I bought my Scottsdale and put 35" TSL mud boggers on it. Ever since its been chewin up the 4L60 transmissions like there going out of style. Anyone know of any transmissions that will bolt right up so I can put an end to this nightmare?!?!?!??!?!?
    SandBoxWagone69

You might have better luck with an axle ratio change.
    Minneapolis area - 1997 K2500 regular cab long bed + 8.5' Western Unimount plow + modified transmission + 2nd battery + modified camper charge circuit + 1971 Cayo camper -and- 2004 4x4 Suburban 2500 8.1 + Maxbrake controller + 2nd battery + modified trailer charge circuit + Reese receiver, pulls 30' Airstream trailer

I ate thru transmissions in my 1995 with 35's on it also. That was until I changed gear ratios and (most importantly) the VSSB chip. The VSSB corrects your speedo for the new tires and gear ratio. Not changing the vssb and changing the tires results in your trans shifting at the incorrect times, which in turn results in shorter trans life. I am not positive that the 1990 model had the Vbbs. But there is someway of telling the pcm when to shift the trans. I ran 38.5's after the ratio and vssb change for more that 6 years with no trans issues.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

5. Likes RayVoy liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Sandboxwagone69 View Post
    what ratio do you suggest?
    4.10 or 4.56