GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Torque Specs

Default Torque Specs

Is there a manual that has torque specs listed for all the different nuts and bolts. ie: suspension,drive train,engine. Basically any major fastener on these great trucks we drive.
    2006 Silverado 1500 5.3L ecsb Z71,afe pro s dry air filter, color matched tailgate handle and bezel,color matched front bow tie, led interior illumination, 5000K HID lows, Black powder coated wheels, Blacked out body side moldings, Rough Country 2.5" level/lift kit, Magnaflow muffler

I have a haynes manual that has them all. The cost around $20. When I work on other people's cars and need specs I just search the web. I can usually find a forum that has all the specs I need posted.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I have a haynes manual that has them all. The cost around $20. When I work on other people's cars and need specs I just search the web. I can usually find a forum that has all the specs I need posted.
    Thanks for the reply. Looks like I might have to invest in one of those.

service manual would have this, or the haynes Pikey mentioned.
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)

Legend
    Blog Entries

I always go to the dealer for torque specs, they are the most revised and up to date info you can get.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

+1 for the Haynes manual. I got one off Amazon for $16.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!