GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well Ray: I replaced the parking lights and found a couple of Burt bulbs and two of the sockets had some browning. I will replace them later this week. But I put in new fog lights and they look great but don't work. So I was going through the LMC cat. and found a Heavy-Duty Headlight Harness for $29.95 and will cost 30 or 40 to ship but I think that replacing all the lighting wiring is the way to go. I also went through all the fuses, but didn't replace the flasher unit as it's 80 bucks and I'm not sure if that's it. Any idea's would be a big help. T
    Thanks Eric

The "browning" shouldn't be a big concern, a little rub with some fine sandpaper should clean it up.

I doubt if the harness needs to be replaced, that would be a big job.

You may very well have a bad flasher, I haven't had a flasher apart in a long time. I know they still click, but I don't think they use the old relay type of internals, it's probably sold state.

Find a friend with a matching truck and see if he'll let you swap flashers.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Hi Ray: Well it was a day of sunshine and warm, I replaced my main serpentine belt and my air belt as well as The Tensioner Pulley plus the Pulley; Steel Smooth/Backside. as well as the air belt. I plugged my scanner in the truck and came up with MAF error. So I took all the air intake off (had to do it anyway for the belts) had some cleaner just for mass air flow sensor. But I was bagged after. I think I will do the sockets tomorrow and if that doesn't do it I will try the flasher.

Take care, and thanks for the commenting my son, he's in Hospital now, hopefully he will be back at the end of the week.
    Thanks, Eric

Well I was at the GM dealership talking about my problem. Both parts guys are sure it's a short, this whole thing didn't start untill I had a new front and back bumper were replaced. He told me that there were several places on a truck that have groubd points. Anyone have any ideas where they might be?
    Thanks Eric

Eric, the easiest way to find if it's a ground is to use a multi-meter. One lead on a known good ground (sometimes you need to run a temporary wire from the neg of the battery), the other on the ground wire for the light. Resistance should be 0 ohms.

I replaced the lenses and the sockets on my drivinglights and all the bulbs and they still don't work. I was at the Gm. partscounter and they say it's the ground. I had new front bumper put on and that'swhen the turning signal problem started. They told me that they were groundsunder the truck that may not have a good connection. But I have no idea wherethey are. Any tips would greatly very helpful. Thanks, Eric
    Thanks for the thought on the boy (sean ).

- - - Updated - - -

If you have something like a jumper cable, clip one end to the battery positive and the other to a bumper bolt (you might need to try a number of different bolts). If the flashers work normally, it is a ground problem. Just connect a ground strap (Canadian Tire, or Princesses Auto) from something like the frame to the bumper bolts.

How is Sean making out?

Sean went into the hospital for 4 days and has been in for 3 weeks so far, but the radation and transplant is next. He should have a week's brake before he goes back in for 2 months. Thanks for asking Rayvoy......Well still trying to find the short but one thing I forgot to mention was I had a new front bumper installed and that’s when I started having the problems. I was looking at the battery and one of the grounds went down towards the bumper and looks like it's pinched between the parts of the bumper. First non-rainy day I am going to dig in and find out.Thanks for all the idea's. Eric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12