GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Exhaust!!!

Default Exhaust!!!

Just ordered my 409 Stainless steel FLOWMASTER SUPER 10!!!! 3" inlet 3"outlet using stock piping, and also getting a big ol tip welded on! Pics of install and videos will be posted when i get it installed sometime before Easter! anyone else got this setup and how much trouble have cops been giving you lol.
    2010 Silverado, Z71 4x4, 5.3, ext. cab, 3.08's, undercover tonneau, 2.5" roughcountry front lift (with .75" rear block), Ranch hand summit bullnose front bumper, ranch hand legend rear bumper, flowmaster super 10 3" ci/co, corsa chrome double exhaust tip, dee zee bed mat, bed rug tailgate rug

2. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Well I'll jump in here. I don't worry about the cops I run strieght pipes on my superglide.

Anyway 96 chevy silverado full bed. has 2 1/2 duals ran to seperate cats then a 2 in 1 out normal muffler. Thinking this is stock but what a waste run that far back by the passenger side tire
    then down to 1?

Thinking about cutting it a throwing a thrush 2 in 2 out on it . Used Thrush on my 66 GTO and sounded great back in 69.

Any opinions?

my dads got thrush trubos on our 350 CI 1977 monte carlo and he loves it. theyre a little cheaper but they are still great freakin mufflers! if you already have the piping all the way to the muffler completely setup the way i think you do, i would say you already have half the exhaust system for a true dual! i would say flowmasteer super 10 true duals, or cherry bomb extreme true dual, or thrush, or glasspack (magnaflow or cherrybomb) personally i think for you true duals is definitley the way to go! straight out the back and try throwing an x pipe or h pipe in there and swap the stock cats for hi flow cats. you do that and youll have a noticable increase in power, mpg, torque, and well NOISE haha.

- - - Updated - - -

@the_phantom

Thanks , I appreciate the feed back, wonder what it would be like with just the cats?

salted roads and 409 stainless....congrats. I'll bookmark this and look for your next exhaust post in about 2 years when that super 10 is rusted out! Shouldn't have much problem with cops tho, only people I've ever personally known to have problems were going wot in town late at night. And if you ever do get pulled over for it specifically, ask the cop how many Harley's he's given tickets too, watch him look down at the ground, and you'll be on your way with a "warning"

Airaid. Borla. Blackbear. RCX.

The Squatcherado!

Does anybody just run straight pipes after the cats?

Quote Originally Posted by squatchy View Post
    And if you ever do get pulled over for it specifically, ask the cop how many Harley's he's given tickets too, watch him look down at the ground, and you'll be on your way with a "warning"
    Yeah Ive already said this to a cop and I got "I dont make the laws I just have to enforce them". So I was left assuming that Harleys and all the pipes that they have are legal??? That law never made sense to me either. I can see if its dragging or just obnoxiously loud like open headers but it is what it is I guess

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

If they are enforcing the law then they should be pulling over bikes all the time. there are plenty of quiet exhaust options for bikes, but who the hell wants that?

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!!!! watch them deer run when your coming..

IF ITS TOO LOUD, THEN YOUR TOO OLD!!!

Hey Phantom, Squachy, Nice trucks, I'll get a picture up sometime, right now it's sitting outside without it transmission. Maybe time for that next week. Nice thing about bikes you just buy them that way.

2008 SUPERGLIDE what a ride!!!

oH gotta change all the fluids on it also, before I can hit the button, but weather is cold anyway.

Working on new work shop and getting ready for 2 acre garden.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by