GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 08 Red Silverado Grill Trade

New to this forum, so if there is another location for this to be posted, mods please feel free to move it (not looking to step on toes). I couldnt post it in the classifieds as I dont have enough posts apparently (and I dont want to make a bunch of useless posts just to increase my post numbers).
    I have a new 08 Silverado 1500 with the chrome grill. I hate chrome. I really want the LBZ red grill. If you have the red grill and want chrome, I''ll trade you. I''ll ship you mine, and send a label for sending the red back to me. I really dont want to try painting this thing. Body shop isnt interested because of how tight it is between the grill and the shell (for sanding).
    As far as that goes - if you have the red handles and mirror caps and want chrome, I''ll trade you AND send you a chrome handle kit (my handles are black).
    Here is a photo of my truck before we did the rear leveling drop kit and dual exhaust: http://neverenoughauto.com/images/images_backup/truck2.jpg
    If you''re interested please let me know. 877-609-6727 or brad@neverenoughauto.com
    Hope to be a benificial member of this forum! Thanks guys!

Woohoo! Body shop I deal with called today. They have a customer with a black LTZ that wants the chrome grill and front bumper. I'm trading him, getting him back on the road and having the black pieces painted red. We'll see how this works out. I'm geeked. Now I just need the handles and mirror caps. One step closer to having the truck done.
    08 Z71 Victory Red Crew Cab
    Ground Force 2" drop in rear, 22" wheels, Toyo ST Rubber, K&N Intake, Magnaflow Duals, Bully Dog Prog., Weathertech Floormats, Grillcraft Grill, Undercover Sing Case, Viair Compressor, Wolo Horns, Hellwig F&R Sway Bars, Plasmaglow LED's, PEAK backup camera, Husky Mudflaps....lots more in the works.

Sometimes things just work out. Well played!

Blog Entries

Congrats on your find. I love your truck and you should share more pics with your new grill when you get it installed.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Dunno if this helps you out but I was ebay and found red handles. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...=p4506.c0.m245
    Peter

2007 Silverado LT Crew NNBS 5.3
    Stock 20"
    Black Powdercoated Billet Gas Door
    LineX Bedliner
    Go Rhino Dom II Bars
    Work in Progress
    1952 Chryler 2dr Windsor } Mine and Dad's
    Former Cars
    2000 civic hx Moded
    1993 Probe simi moded
    1985 Nissan 4x4 Kingcab

So*Cal Group

Yeah, I've been emailing with that guy - He's offered me the handles, mirror caps and tailgate handle for around $340. I'll probably will go that route. I painted the handles on my last silverado and then after some dink broke into it and smashed the handles, I bought the GM Tahoe handels that were already painted - I liked the smooth texture better. Petty yes, but if its going to cost me the same to paint them...might as well.
    I hate winter though...22's came off yesterday and will be dropped off with the truck at the body shop. Painting the lip red. Probably will toss a brushguard on the front for "winter mode". Gotta have it stand out since its a "display vehicle".
    08 Z71 Victory Red Crew Cab
    Ground Force 2" drop in rear, 22" wheels, Toyo ST Rubber, K&N Intake, Magnaflow Duals, Bully Dog Prog., Weathertech Floormats, Grillcraft Grill, Undercover Sing Case, Viair Compressor, Wolo Horns, Hellwig F&R Sway Bars, Plasmaglow LED's, PEAK backup camera, Husky Mudflaps....lots more in the works.

sounds cool to me. i hope everything works out for you and you get a good price on all the parts from that guy. take plenty of pics on the truck.
    Peter

2007 Silverado LT Crew NNBS 5.3
    Stock 20"
    Black Powdercoated Billet Gas Door
    LineX Bedliner
    Go Rhino Dom II Bars
    Work in Progress
    1952 Chryler 2dr Windsor } Mine and Dad's
    Former Cars
    2000 civic hx Moded
    1993 Probe simi moded
    1985 Nissan 4x4 Kingcab