GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default GM Air intake and GM Performace Exhaust

I am in the process of buying a 2008 LTZ Crew cab Silverado withthe 5.3l. I am looking at the GM Performance Parts Air intake and the GM perfromance Cat Back Exhaust side out ( I want to keep my spare tire). Does onyone have experiance withthese ona 2008? Whould I be better off going with a Volant and a Flowmaster cat back sytem?
    What are the pro and cons?
    Pro: GM product GM warrenty.
    Con: Less performance??????

Legend

You'll probly get more performance out of the Volant Intake and the GM exhaust. Flowmaster sounds good but doesn't offer alot if any performance. Most people I've known actually lost a little low end. Another pro for the gm stuff is you can add it on to your financing.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

I refered to Flowmater but there are many many choices. Borla- magnaflow ect... I wonder how the GM Performance cat back system performs compaired to the after market stuff outthere.

I to was thinking about the GM parts but there are so over priced. I would recommend just searching around. I just went with the k&n cai and magnaflow on mine. You will not lose your warrany with aftermarket. If you are worried about it talk to the service manager and they will normally still say they will keep the warranty if they install them, but as stated they can not void a warranty unless they can directly relate the problem to said aftermarket part which will most likely not be the case
    2008 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4wd LT1 Package with 20" wheel upgrade,K&N CAI, Magnaflow Catback Dual Side Exit, Tuff Country 2" Leveling Kit, Blackbear Tune, 6k HIDS Low and High Beams, 3K HID fog lights, LED tailight bar

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffer View Post
    I to was thinking about the GM parts but there are so over priced. I would recommend just searching around. I just went with the k&n cai and magnaflow on mine. You will not lose your warrany with aftermarket. If you are worried about it talk to the service manager and they will normally still say they will keep the warranty if they install them, but as stated they can not void a warranty unless they can directly relate the problem to said aftermarket part which will most likely not be the case

I found the GMPP Performace Cat Back sytem delivered for $376.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...mZ360071866497

I should have it this weekend. WOHOO!~!!

Quote Originally Posted by cdale27 View Post
    I found the GMPP Performace Cat Back sytem delivered for $376.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...mZ360071866497

I should have it this weekend. WOHOO!~!!
    Wow great deal man
    2008 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4wd LT1 Package with 20" wheel upgrade,K&N CAI, Magnaflow Catback Dual Side Exit, Tuff Country 2" Leveling Kit, Blackbear Tune, 6k HIDS Low and High Beams, 3K HID fog lights, LED tailight bar