GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Cant remove the flex fuel filter on 03 Suburban (5.3)

I bought 3 types of Fuel Quick Disconnects to take off the Fuel Filter on my 03 Suburban (Flex Fuel if it matters). None of them works. What tool is really needed to remove this Filter?

It looks as if its the oringal filter that on the truck since new. Because the new filte has the clamps. The old filter dont have it. Unless they are real short clamps. Any help with will be welcome. Thanks in Advance.

there is a "flex fuel model" tool. Here is a pic of it. http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/alb...chmentid=38919

I had the regular tool for my 2003 and it did not work, I had to buy this one. Even with the tool it was a pain in the rear to get the thing positioned correctly. once you do it will just pop right off.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

3. Likes 99'HEARTBEAT liked this post

Thanks Pikey. Somebody told me about this tool once I posted this lol...

No not yet. My truck been sitting all winter. I really ahve not put effort to go out there an mess with it. But Im off this weekend. Hope I dont get pulled away from what I want to do. But once I do get it off I will let you know.

I got the filter off. lol. But I had to remove the hole hose / fuel hose that the filter is on. On that hose connection, It is connected to a box on the bottom of the truck. And there is another hose that runs from that box to the motor. I just dont know the name of the box im talking about lol. But once I got that off I put the filter in between my feet holding the filter, puched the hose down toward the filter. And pulled the leslie 35000 up. The hose came off the filter smh. I dont have a vice to use thats why I used my feet. But Yes I changed it. Thanks.