GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Yeah. It's just been a roller coaster. Now we just got results that its probably the worse off the two types of cysts.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Still thinking good thoughts for you and yours! What's the next step?

Next step is surgery scheduled for this Friday. However, that surgery is ONLY for a certain type of bone cyst called a Unicameral bone cyst (UBC) and the CT scan's notes from the Radiologist suggest that it looks like an Aneursymal Bone Cyst (ABC), and the surgical intervention planned is not going to work for the ABC, only the UBC type of cyst.

Now, there is a place up in Ohio that does treat the ABC with a new technique, where they fill it up with a type of antibiotic called Doxycycline and then later fill it up with some minerals that later go and make new bone tissue.

- - - Updated - - -

... however on a different note, I mentioned in some previous posts that my dad was ill. Looks like he's a candidate for at least one clinical trial with a group in Phoenix that's been able to treat his specific type of cancer, he starts it next week looks like.

Frequent, more, and in large quanities of thoughts and prayers still headed your way! Keep you thoughts positive!!

Prayers being sent your way. Yes medical can get expensive, but most will work with payments if needed. I hope all turns out well.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Surgery is tomorrow. I can't sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

Procedure is over. Waiting on recovery. Turns out it was a unicameral bone cyst ... which is the easiest to treat and the least damaging to the bone. However it was 8 cm by 8cm by 3cm in size. That's like 4in x 4in x 1in ... so that's a pretty big cyst.

Dang thats big. Glad it all worked out and it was the better of the two.

happy to hear about surgery going smoothly. One less thig to worry about.

They drained it and injected into the bone something called bone cement which is largely calcium triphosphate. That is just sitting inside the bone where the cyst was at. The goal is that the bone will start to absorb that material and will deposit it back down as new bone in the next two weeks there should be some type of indication of it worked or not.

We just got home and I'm beat. Hardly could sleep last night at the hospital and got waken up a few times. Not to mention the stress of it all.

Legend
    Blog Entries

How's the little man holding up? I know the old man feels like he has been beat with a rubber hose. (Probably less painful and stressful than your kid having surgery too.)
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford