GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Good morning from NM

Good morning, friends. Joe here. Chevy man through and through, I've got a 2008 Silverado LT 1500 Z71, 2002 Impala hand me down from my dad, and a 64 Chevelle ragtop I drive around when the weather's nice out.
    I live in Albuquerque and work with NMDOT in Santa Fe, but my heart is in my hometown of Pecos, NM.

I've actually registered this morning to start off with because I'm having an issue with my cruise control on the pickup. It turns on (light by the switch on the steering whell turns on), but the speed control won't actually engage. No light in the dash, nada.
    Any ideas where I can start trying to troubleshoot this issue?

Welcome to the site!

Welcome to the site @jos-b!! You might check to make sure you dont have a blown fuse for the cruise control. Even though the light comes on the cruise itself could be a seperate curcuit. If you find the problem let us know as it will help with someone with the same problem in the future.. Any pics of your truck???

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Welcome. I'm down here in Alamogordo/Holloman AFB. There are a few of us on here in NM, but not too many... Nonetheless, welcome! Greg

Welcome to the Club! And X2 what the phantom said.

Hi jos-b,

Hello to the forum! As a customer service representative, I'm not able to provide much in the way of do-it-yourself information, so I'm glad to see forum members are beginning to step in with feedback. If you have any lingering concerns please contact me via private message.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

Turns out it was the switch on the brake pedal. It's working right now, but will be replacing the switch soon. Thanks for all the replies and advice, friends!
    Greg, USAF Suburban, if I'm ever down that way, I'll look you up. I travel statewide with work every once in a while.
    I'm actually doing quite a bit of research on the highway Right of Way at all of the gates to the bombing ranges as well as the gates into Holloman for a permit that was requested from our district office in Roswell.

Quote Originally Posted by jos-b View Post
    Turns out it was the switch on the brake pedal. It's working right now, but will be replacing the switch soon. Thanks for all the replies and advice, friends!
    Greg, USAF Suburban, if I'm ever down that way, I'll look you up. I travel statewide with work every once in a while.
    I'm actually doing quite a bit of research on the highway Right of Way at all of the gates to the bombing ranges as well as the gates into Holloman for a permit that was requested from our district office in Roswell.
    By all means, if you are ever this way, drop a line.