GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    I live just south of Philadelphia, small community that sits on the Delaware River.

Question Help! Need advice in a new mod!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16Z,!)!E9s2fDO8VBS!wo9gTjw~~60_57.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	58537Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0022.jpg 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	58538Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0021.jpg 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	58539Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0023.jpg 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	58540Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0024.jpg 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	58541Attachment 58536 I have a 1990 Silverado regular cab and I'd like to add 2 handle grips to the two 'A' pillars. So passengers and myself will have a easier way to climb up into the cab. Anybody ever try this ? I bought a set of handles in tan and they were taken off a 1996 Tahoe, and I'm just wondering how to install them and have a very professional look to them ? I would imagine they would need special fasteners to hold a person's weight as they pulled themselves up into the trucks cab ?

I live just south of Philadelphia, small community that sits on the Delaware River.

OK, Can anyone post pictures of where they have 'Grab-Handles' on their trucks, and any of the 1996 or 98, 2000 or later models so I can get a feeling for where the drive and passengers grab-handles are located. I have a friend who owns a body shop and he is a 1988-98 Chevy fan, He has 5 of them including the flatbed tow truck. We looked at on of the 2500 with the molding that goes around the side window removed and it looks like GM has put 5/16 nuts up into the area above the door handles for the purpose of having grab handles to help getting in and out. I'm 62 and I usually pull on the steering wheel to get in. But I'd like to have the grab handles like in later models. Thank you for your help.

Mine are approx 6-8" below the overhead on my 99. Currently don't have a picture on this computer but I'll try and snag one in a little bit. My 97 had them mounted on the crease of the A pillar plastics I believe.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

OK, And thank you ! Your Navy, I was in the Seabees, NMCB-1, 21st Naval Regiment, 1st Fleet. We were the 2nd battalion to land on Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean to continue building the radio and radar units & continue the building or the runway there.

Thats exactly what I want to be doing. Seabee stuff. I'm in V2 on the Eisenhower so I'm a grease monkey. But anyway, I lied, my OSG's (Oh #%$@ grips) are mounted to the roof of my 99. Forgot that they were mounted there but I do not have a picture of my 97 interior. I will try to find one though.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope it showed up

- - - Updated - - -

Heres a link to a pic

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/506...ruck-interior/

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    Thats exactly what I want to be doing. Seabee stuff. I'm in V2 on the Eisenhower so I'm a grease monkey. But anyway, I lied, my OSG's (Oh #%$@ grips) are mounted to the roof of my 99. Forgot that they were mounted there but I do not have a picture of my 97 interior. I will try to find one though.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope it showed up

- - - Updated - - -

Heres a link to a pic

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/506...ruck-interior/

Well it's been a long time, but back when I was in, you could request a change of billet, ( your job) and you'd need to go to Gulfport MS to attend a 'A' school, and upon completion, you'd be assigned to a CB or Construction Battalion. And you need to go to Camp Lejeune once a year for 3 weeks to sharpen your combat skills or as in our mission statement, to be able to repel an assault for 12 hours till a Marine assault platoon or three could get to your location.But be forewarned, many of the jobs or deployments are to extremely remote places, I spent 14 months on Diego Garcia, It sits about where this MH370 airliner ditched. There's nothing there, No radio, no TV, lots of used magazine and Booze. We had a USO show come just after the Monsoon season was over. It's been a long time, the war in Vietnam was still going on and it was pretty hot and heavy in 1971 & 72 ? But I spent a lot of time with U.S. Marines. Greatest bunch of guys I ever met. Worse thing your enemy will ever hear, is the US is sending Marines. I'm getting pretty off topic, but I can say I served with the best soldiers in the world United States Marines. But good luck and thank for your advice on my truck.