GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A steady mis-fire, in the rain, of course is due to a moisture problem. Look at the cap for cracks, look at the high voltage coil wire for cracks.

Spraying with a shot of WD40 will usually resolve the moisture problem until the WD40 wears/dries off.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Sr. Apprentice

I have tried the Water Displacement Formulation #40, replaced a faulty coil lead and am leaning toward replacing the 1 yr old cap and rotor.
    1998 1500 w/t short bed 4.3

Sr. Apprentice

Well to all that have followed I tracked back over my previous changed parts and tests which all turned out that all components were in operating order. Now to my suspision that a faulty cap and or rotor is my issue. I looked it over once more under a magnifying glass noticing a arc carbon trace from the coil lead to the #4 lead which was enough for me to return it for warranty once again and low and behold that resolved my miss-fire issue and even with the drive time live feed with my scanner came up - with no codes found! All I know is be leary of Wells ignition parts quality even though they are lifetime warranty!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12