GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: What next?

Default What next?

So after listening to much advice from you and my mechanic I purchased a 5.3 long block from the dealer. Came with a 3 yr/100,000 warranty. My mechanic (20 yr friend) removed and examined parts from my AFM failed 5.3 before deciding if they were fit to go on the new engine. He got the engine in yesterday and was hooking everything up. When he removed the plastic cap from the oil pan to insert the oil level sensor module this is what he found! Still cast and not drilled or tapped! Pooched for the weekend as have to wait till. Monday morning to speak with GM. Don't want to void the warranty.

Man that would be pretty frustrating!!!! That would kinda suck to have to drill out and tap making sure no filings get down in there. I would hope that they do something for you since the engine is installed already. If you decide to drill it out and tap it maybe a shop vac right there as you do it. Or how easily does the pan come off of these trucks? Or is that a lot of work? Thats a case of an attention to detail being overlooked that is really frustrating for the end customer. Let us know how you make out.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Man that Rig looks familiar! You around K/B or E'Ville???

Quote Originally Posted by bushell873 View Post
    Man that Rig looks familiar! You around K/B or E'Ville???
    LOL Both. From West Valley

Hey Crawdaddy are old post like this one ever sent away to cyber space?

Quote Originally Posted by Chesters View Post
    Hey Crawdaddy are old post like this one ever sent away to cyber space?
    Only 12 days old... What you talkin about willis???

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Only 12 days old... What you talkin about willis???

You the man , Must of been some other one. Very sorry

- - - Updated - - -

Ok what did GM say?