GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 6x9 's in rear of 93 suburban

Hello I was wondering if a 6x9 speaker would fit in the rear of my suburban?
    I heard there are 4x10's there any idea's I already have a pair of new 6x9's

has anyone done this before thanks

Welcome to the Club!!! You might have to do some modifying to get them to fit. I dont think you will get them in there without making the hole bigger. the 4x10 hole is going to be a bit skinny for the width of the 6x9 so you might consider making a template out of wood to secure them. Lets see some pics of your Burb!!! Good luck on your speaker install.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

will do thanks for the info

Legend

You can use 5 1/4 inch round speakers back there too. Just make a template from 1/4 thick Formica and then mount the speaker to that, that's what I have in mine. Any speaker with an x in it is just a waste of time, they are a dying breed and all the tech goes into round speakers now
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Thanks for the response its just I have a brand new pair of pioneer 6x9 sitting on the bench I was hoping they would bolt on even with a little massage thanks again roy