GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Lifter tick under warranty?

My 2012 4.8L Silverado has developed a bad lifter tick @ 26,000 miles. I bought the truck brand new. I have always done oil changes at the dealership at regular intervals. I have used a Diablosport tuner on my truck.

Would the fix for lifters generally be be under warranty?

My tuner is broken, so I can't take the tune off. Will this void warranty?

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

There are many opinions around dealerships and tuner effects on warranties, I have found it best if you do some recon with your service guy prior to needing work if you have a tuner installed, just ask him straight up, they will tell you the boundaries and limitations, once you install it, the foot print is there, how ever, not being able to reset factory settings is going to be a handicap if your service guy says it could/or will effect your factory warranty. ( at 26k and a 2012 model that would be a warranty item).
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)

Just had a friend with lifter tick costume 2000 to put in new lifters and pushrods on one side out of warranty. If it comes down to that I buy a new programmer. Take it back to stock and take it to the dealership

Turns out I had 3 pushrods with excessive wear. Being replaced under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by UpsetProps View Post
    How can that happen in a new engine????? Years ago, the push rods would outlast the pistons.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by UpsetProps View Post
    Glad warranty was good, hopefully they check the cam for you. Sometimes people don't look farther than what they originallyfind.

I had mine replaced under warranty for my 5.3! The tuner doesn't have anything to do with mechanical issues! You are whoever should have no problems.
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, Custom tuned. 4:11's

Quote Originally Posted by Chesters View Post
    Glad warranty was good, hopefully they check the cam for you. Sometimes people don't look farther than what they originallyfind.
    When I spoke to them last night they said they would also be checking the camshaft.

After further inspection they say the flywheel was making a squeaking noise and also needs to be replaced. Should have it back in a couple more days.

Finally got it back. 3 pushrods, rocker arms and roller lifters with excessive wear replaced, and a cracked flywheel replaced under warranty

She runs quiet now!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by