GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Help with Trouble Codes on a 2000" Silverado 1500

I have a 2002 chevy silverado 1500 with a 4.8 have gotten the p0420code and p0430 code, I have already replaced the cats, o2 sensors, intake gaskets, pretty much anything you can think of and still get the codes.is my next step to replace or reflash the PCM.any advice is appreciated I'm getting verry frustrated.thank you

Try these for some info:
    http://www.obd-codes.com/p0420 and http://www.obd-codes.com/p0430

I have an 03 with the 5.3L and get the bank 1 & 2 lean codes. I bought a cheap code reader so that I could read the codes and erase them. I found that deleting the codes worked for a while, but these would come back if the outside temp dropped below 32F.

When you replaced all those parts, did you clear the codes? If you didn't, then the codes could still be there.

Welcome to the site!

Disconnect the battery and touch the end pos and neg cable ends together for 30-60 seconds. This will fully discharge the ecm causing it to fully reset. This will clear all of the codes and cause it to relearn.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Wow never heard that one, will give it a try!