GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Newbie from SF Bay Area

Hi,

Recently purchased a '98 GMC K1500 Suburban to tow our ultralight bunkhouse, which maxes out at a mere 3600 lbs. Found a pretty clean Burb with a strong engine, even though it has 200k on it, and a brand new transmission.

For the most part it will be a driveway "king" (can't call it a queen, my kids have nicknamed it "Big Red"), only used for towing once a month and local runs on the weekends. I'm guessing we will only put on 2000-3000 miles a year maximum, maybe even less, as we camp locally for the most part.

That being said, I'll admit, I have been bitten by the "bug". Something I wasn't prepared for. Even though it won't be a daily driver, I find myself emailing with Black Bear about a tune, looking at online catalogues and reading about all the possible upgrades I can do. Without realizing it, I think I have another hobby!

Looking forward to gaining insight and "how to" help- it's been years, ok decades, since I did anything more to a vehicle than change an air filter or my own headlight. Time to get the left handed monkey wrench out of storage.

Welcome to the site. A lot of good information on here.

3. Thanks 2sondad thanked for this post
    Likes 2sondad liked this post

To The Site From North of the Golden Gate, Marin Co.....

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

5. Thanks 2sondad thanked for this post
    Likes 2sondad liked this post