GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Some advice on a 2-3 gremlins

Hi, I'm hoping for some direction here, it's been awhile since I did my own repairs.

1) Dome lights (both of them) do not go on with the doors, only by the dash switch. I checked the override button and it makes no difference. Door switches? New dash switch? I'm hoping someone here has had a similar experience and can share with me.

2) Rear passenger power window won't move and I hear nothing from the window motor. All other windows work, so my guess is the button- I know this is the usual culprit most of the time. If it was the motor, I would at least hear something, correct?? Move a switch from another location and see if it works?

3) Eventually, I would like to fix the drivers side heated seat- I saw a sticky but it was for 1999 and up, I have a 1998.

Thanks in advance!

Legend
    Blog Entries

How long have you had the truck or how well do you know it's history?

1. The dome light I gotta think about. I seem to recall a similar problem with mine that resolved it self.
    2. Could be the window motor is bad switch or a damaged wire or bad connection.
    3. What truck are we talking about? I don't think the differences in the heated seat would be that great across model years.

I have a 98 but electrical gremlins are the worst kind. Unless they make smoke, they can be tough to pin down.
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford