Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Some advice on a 2-3 gremlins
04-12-2014, 10:03 AM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2014
- Brentwood, CA (Nor Cal)
Some advice on a 2-3 gremlins
Hi, I'm hoping for some direction here, it's been awhile since I did my own repairs.
1) Dome lights (both of them) do not go on with the doors, only by the dash switch. I checked the override button and it makes no difference. Door switches? New dash switch? I'm hoping someone here has had a similar experience and can share with me.
2) Rear passenger power window won't move and I hear nothing from the window motor. All other windows work, so my guess is the button- I know this is the usual culprit most of the time. If it was the motor, I would at least hear something, correct?? Move a switch from another location and see if it works?
3) Eventually, I would like to fix the drivers side heated seat- I saw a sticky but it was for 1999 and up, I have a 1998.
Thanks in advance!
05-04-2014, 05:01 PM #2
- Join Date
- May 2011
- Upstate South Carolina
- Blog Entries
How long have you had the truck or how well do you know it's history?
1. The dome light I gotta think about. I seem to recall a similar problem with mine that resolved it self.
2. Could be the window motor is bad switch or a damaged wire or bad connection.
3. What truck are we talking about? I don't think the differences in the heated seat would be that great across model years.
I have a 98 but electrical gremlins are the worst kind. Unless they make smoke, they can be tough to pin down.86 911 Porsche Carrera
98 K1500 Suburban LT
2012 Nissan Leaf
General Motors. Because life is too short to drive a Ford
Tags for this Thread