GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Replacing Drvers window motor

I am replacing the driverís window motor and does anyoneknow what type of sealant to use to sealant to use to seal the plastic back up. Thanks, Eric Thomas

I've tried a couple of different things, but most of them don't seem to stick as well as the original. The best one I've used so far is some 3M (or any other brand will work just fine for this) trim tape that you can get at pretty much any auto parts store. It's basically a thin piece of foam with adhesive on both sides, and it is what car companies use to hold anything that sticks onto the vehicle, such as the trim pieces on the outside of your doors. It holds really well, and you don't have to wait for it to set.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Thanks, I didn't think of that but I will give it a try, Thanks, Eric

Well I put the regulator in and used 3M spray glue to putthe shield back, it worked ok. But I wanted to say that it's better to replace the whole unit that has the motor installed makes things so much easier. But Putting a new outside door handle, it wasn't easy to get at.
    Eric Thanks
    Last edited by BIGREDDADDY53; 05-05-2014 at 02:29 AM.