GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default huge quandry with my bumper. what to do now

so I got chrome bumper caps for my 2008 Silverado 1500 from car id for christmas. so I go through the trouble of ripping off the old one to throw on the chrome one. without the fog light hole. anyways i line it up turns out I'd doesn't fit. its too tall. its made for a 2500. so I'm doubting I'll be able to return these and I got a waxed chromed up shiny looking truck missing one bumper cap and it looks horrendous. so what should I do? is there anywhere online I can buy the correct ones chrome without the fog light hole for a 1500 and sell these. if anyone wants them let me know their brand new in plastic. direct gm replacements that bolt on. not the 3m tape crap. someone help me out please. my truck Looks so dumb right now I don't wanna ride around like this longer then a week but I'm afraid it will be months before I get this right. advice. please friends

First, this may be a dumb question, but where's the old one you removed? Can't that get put back on until you get the ones you want?
    You could always buy chrome paint and paint the plastic ones you have originally. I don't see much in the way of what you want for chrome, bolt on with out the fog light hole online. They sell plastic, paint it yourself types http://www.amazon.com/07-09-CHEVY-SI...silverado+1500.
    Have you called the dealer parts counter to see if they sell one?
    If those don't work, you could always buy one of those grill guard / bumper combos from Rough Country or someone.
    To be honest, I'd just put the OEM trim back on until I have what I want. If it's scratched or otherwise damaged, I'd leave it. But I also use my truck for work and camping. I'll never keep it looking "nice" on a construction site even if I avoid trees and logs in the mountains
    2007 Silverado 1500 NNBS - Work truck and daily driver
    2002 Malibu - The wife's car, for now. I smell a Suburban in my future
    1976 Stingray - NOW OVER 100,000 MILES!