GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Default Wow! We are an exciting bunch....

You would think we all drive Fords by all the chatter going on here. I stay quite busy and my Burb is no longer the daily driver, not as much maintenance to do but at 269,000 miles, there are always little things that need attention. How about the rest of the Palmetto State? How goes it?
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

Don't know about anyone else, but I just got my 85 'burb up and running. Found her on the side of the road with a broke windshield and a bad Vortec 350. Had a target 350 crate replacement ready to go in something, and the 500.00 price tag was right. so busted knuckles and 12 days (after work and some evenings) she fired up. TH350 works fine, edelbrock 600 cfm on the Rochester adapter plate, the only thing that is a problem is the mechanical fuel pump, brand new and done in three days. thank God I left the electric pump on the fender well. A couple of clamps and away she went. These things are practically indestructable. the last one I owned had 394,000 before she gave up.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hi Rusty, sounds like you got a good deal at $500. I have a 98 that will hit 270,000 tomorrow.

I use to live in the Midlands. They God took mercy on me and let me get into the Upstate. I don't like heat - only so many clothes you can take off without going to jail........