GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Water on rear floor 1997 suburban

So I opened the barn doors to the suburban on Saturday to the lovely smell of mildew. Found out the rear floor was soaking wet under the liner. Floor was dry in the passenger compartment. Right side of rear is what was wet. Left side, by the spare tire, was dry. Thoughts on what could be causing this? No spilled water bottles (that was the first thing I checked). It was dry 2 weeks ago. It rained 2 days last week.

I would check the door seals and the third brake light seal.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Is it just water, or antifreeze? Passenger side of the cargo area is where the coolant comes in for the rear heat/AC.
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World

Legend

If you have the barn doors in back, open them up and look at the seal that is on the top of the truck, it has probably lost its adhesion, just get some RV sealent and get it reset correctly, my 99 did the same thing, its that seal that comes loose.
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Another possibility is the rear A/C condensation drain hose can get dirt and crud that blocks it which caused my floor to get wet. Check and see if that needs to be unblocked, especially if you've recently started using your A/C.
    Current Rides: |99 Chevy Suburban- the family truckster |93 Lincoln Town Car- 250K miles & still churning -now a fan of the Panther platform |95 BMW 325is coupe- Wheeee!
    Former GM cars: |78 Suburban 454 |71 Buick Electra 225 (deuce & a quarter) |75 Monte Carlo- 400SB- heaviest doors GM every made |70 Impala coupe- my 1st car