GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default xm to sirius swap stock radio 08 silverado

I really like xm radio,, but there are certain stations that sirius carries that I'd like to receive. I've checked, and none of the sirius offered channels on xm now are what I want.

I was wondering if there's a kit to replace to xm hardware with sirius hardware to still use the stock receiver. I don't want to get one of the external receivers that runs through a radio channel. Anyone know if this is possible?

They are one in the same company now. I have Sirius and they say if you want the XM chanels, you dont have to worry anymore, you call a 800 nmber and i am sure there is a fee attached, but you can have both XM and Sirius together. they said that you don't have to switch any equipment, you just have to call the 800 number.

Sorry, i wasn't intertested in getting the xm chanels, so i don't know what the 800 number was, but i am sure it is on their websites.
    STEPHANIE
    Los Angeles, California
    2004 Trailblazer (DJM drop kit, K&N air intake, 18' Kaotic Wheels, full system with Sirius and also custom
    sub installed for cleaner look, tint all the way around, JBA exhaust...still looking for more to do)

Had until it was stolen:
    1990 lowered Chevy Silverado
    Also Have:
    2002 Chevy Suburban
    1992 Chevy S-10
    1955 Chevy Bel Air
    sad to say: also a 1991 Ford F-250

Im with you, my wife has Sirius and I prefer it over XM. Hold your horses on installing any new gear as of yet. Right now you can get the "Best of" for either service (Sirius=Howard and XM=Oprah) for an additional fee.There is lots of speculation about a major restructoring of both services line ups within the next month or so. Bottom line, wait it out and see how everything shakes out. But to ansewr your original question, No your XM reciever cannot pick up Sirius as of today. There is however an adapter that will let you keep your factory antenea for use with a Sirius reciever. Check out Orbitcast.com for any Sat. Radio stuff, pretty good site.

are you on XM email mailing list? If so you should have gotten an email from them. I got an email from XM a very days ago. It says " Add the best of sirius to your xm radio" also goes on saying all you have to do is call the 800 number shown and they'll add it to your xm for an additional $4 a month. you don't have to buy anything hardware to add it.
    Peter

2007 Silverado LT Crew NNBS 5.3
    Stock 20"
    Black Powdercoated Billet Gas Door
    LineX Bedliner
    Go Rhino Dom II Bars
    Work in Progress
    1952 Chryler 2dr Windsor } Mine and Dad's
    Former Cars
    2000 civic hx Moded
    1993 Probe simi moded
    1985 Nissan 4x4 Kingcab