GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default where -oh where does this wire go?

i had to replace the starter on my 1993 K1500 sub. as i removed the 2 starter bolts a chunk of plastic fell down on the ground. this came from a connector near the starter. there are 2 wires that goto the starter (battery and starter signal wire) then there is this 3rd wire in the loom that goes to a seprate connector. i can not find any sensor or connector missing a wire. the wire is oan ovel connector and looks to be a single wire. if this wire is removed from its location the service engine soon light comes on. the wire is black and small conductor size, so no color. i will need to look again in the AM and see where it goes to turn off the light. the one book said it is a engine control module but i need a better location so i can fix or repair....mike
    this has the 350 TBI injection motor and an automatic tranny.........again thank you...mike
    Michael Collins
    1993 4X4 Suburban
    many other toys as well

Legend

Blog Entries

Michael-

Just took a look under my '99 and here's what I can see:

The main positive (+) wire that goes to the starter, a small black that goes to the starter, and then a blue wire that goes form the black wire right up to the block. The block looks like it's got a sensor or something there and the wire is plugged up with an oval connector.

Will try and find it on my alldata and see if I can come back with a name for it.
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Legend

Blog Entries

Michael-

It looks like what I'm looking at with the oval connector (I THINK) is the knock sensor:

Good luck with whatever you find!

thank you very much. this is the knock sensor. it is right in front of the starter heat shield and if not careful you will rip the connector off. i got to wait until the next time i am back in town and get a new plug and see if the connector came out of the sensor or I need to get a new sensor as well. again thank you....mike

If I remember correctly, it's a weird slide-clip thing that snaps onto the nipple-thingy on the knock sensor.

How's the Bronco doing?
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

the bronco is on hold until i get some funds back in the bank and some bills paid. i was laid off last november and did not find a job until 2 weeks ago. i now work for Gordon trucking. so I got a few more weeks of training then I get my own truck and start making some money. there is cob webs all over the bronco.....it is sad to see her that way, but it was eather her or food and a home for the family....mike