GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Hybrid View

Default 1991 GMC Phantom Suburban

Hi I was wondering if anyone has heard of the Phantom package for the 1991 4X4 GMC Suburban? I bought mine a couple of years ago and have been unable to find out any details about the "Phantom Package" I am not sure if it was a dealer add on package or what. Here are the details on what I think the package included:
    -Front and mid Captains Chairs.
    -Real wood trim throughout to include center console, overhead pod with integrated spot lights, auxiliary switch panel, and cool black plexiglass center piece with a bunch of little lights under it, rear wood cup holders and rear wood roof line trim with concealed lights.
    -Phantom pinstriped on rear quarter panels.
    -Integrated running boards/wheel flares.

Well that is all I can think of right now that makes it different than your run of the mill Burban. If anyone has heard of this package or could point me in a direction to find more info about it I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Matt

I googled it and all it brings up is a phantom grill that was put in the jimmys, subs, ect. sorry i couldn't help you out more. maybe someone here will know more about it.
    Peter

2007 Silverado LT Crew NNBS 5.3
    Stock 20"
    Black Powdercoated Billet Gas Door
    LineX Bedliner
    Go Rhino Dom II Bars
    Work in Progress
    1952 Chrysler 2dr Windsor } Mine and Dad's
    1966 Ford Mustang

Former Cars
    2000 civic hx Moded
    1993 Probe simi moded
    1985 Nissan 4x4 Kingcab

So*Cal Group

I saw a 1990 all black Phantom Suburban at Bob Frink Chevrolet in Sacramento, Ca. in 1991. It was a conversion done by an unknown company. The dealership took the truck in on trade and didnt know anything about where the conversion was done. It didnt have any placards or owners manuals with it, I do know the truck was registered in Nebraska prior to ending up in Ca.

Legend

Blog Entries

Could you post a picture, please?

Does the front bumper look different than other suburbans?
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Legend

Blog Entries

All I can find are body mouldings, but nothing worth noting. Sooo.... anyone else?

How about running your VIN at the dealership to see what the build sheet and specs have to say?

*shrugs*

At the very least it sounds like you have a nice unique custom job that you can appreciate.

wow sounds cool. I've never heard of it before though.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

I will try and get some pictures today once it warms up a little bit, it's a little Chilly in Colorado this morning. I did the whole Google thing trying to find information and yeah there is not much out there, I found all kinds of grills and tail light and head light black out kits but not much info in relation to my truck.

Springthing- Front bumper looks stock to me.

About 2 years ago I pulled all the wood and refinished it because it was in pretty rough shape. I have a lot of plans for the burb this year, hopefully I will be able to get half of what I have planned done. Sadly the Burb has not received a lot of attention over the last 3 years (beyond routine service) because I had a sports car that took all my money Well the sports cars gone now so the Burb can start absorbing my excess income

Blog Entries

As we all have "Googled" to find info on your Suburban, pictures would be great!
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Here are the pictures as promised. As you can see she is the somewhat standard two tone blue and gray/silver with the standard clear coat peeling issues of the era. I have been doing a lot of research and am really considering using dark gray smooth Durabak coating (bed liner material but smooth) to cover the whole bottom half of my Burb. This will add superior protection from the elements and the trails I will hopefully be taking her to once I get her built up.

Exterior:

Phantom Logo:

Quote Originally Posted by matthewc View Post
    Hi I was wondering if anyone has heard of the Phantom package for the 1991 4X4 GMC Suburban? I bought mine a couple of years ago and have been unable to find out any details about the "Phantom Package" I am not sure if it was a dealer add on package or what. Here are the details on what I think the package included:
    -Front and mid Captains Chairs.
    -Real wood trim throughout to include center console, overhead pod with integrated spot lights, auxiliary switch panel, and cool black plexiglass center piece with a bunch of little lights under it, rear wood cup holders and rear wood roof line trim with concealed lights.
    -Phantom pinstriped on rear quarter panels.
    -Integrated running boards/wheel flares.

Well that is all I can think of right now that makes it different than your run of the mill Burban. If anyone has heard of this package or could point me in a direction to find more info about it I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Mine has all of that but I believe it was a Regency Conversion. A bunch of dealer add ons. It even has newer mirrors that don't work with the aerodynamics.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by