GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default please help my cd player is locked!!!

I have a 04 silverado a while back I had installed a 05 SS cd player and I took out my battery and I locked it by doing that is there any way I can unlock it???? The guy who did everything for me moved so I'm stuck!!! I'm trying to avoid going to the dealership and paying them 70 bucks to do it please help guys thanks alot the cd player is delphi I have part # if u need it

Hi there, sorry to tell you this but you most likely are going to have to go to the dealership for it. Hopefully they'll be able to unlock it for you, but I don't know if they'll actually have the code for it either. If I remember right I think we had a few others here that had the same problem as you. good luck.
    Peter

2007 Silverado LT Crew NNBS 5.3
    Stock 20"
    Black Powdercoated Billet Gas Door
    LineX Bedliner
    Go Rhino Dom II Bars
    Work in Progress
    1952 Chrysler 2dr Windsor } Mine and Dad's
    1966 Ford Mustang

Former Cars
    2000 civic hx Moded
    1993 Probe simi moded
    1985 Nissan 4x4 Kingcab

So*Cal Group

If it is an RDS radio you will have to get dealer help.

Re: 00 impala rds radio unlock?
    Yes, a dealer can reset it. I did the same thing, upgraded my factory AM/FM/cassette to the one that includes CD. Got mine off ebay. The dealer started to give me a hard time about charging me like 40 bucks to do it. I said what, for a tech to hook up the computer under the dash and punch a few buttons, for less than 5 minutes of work you want to charge me what? He gave in and a tech took the computer (code reader type) to the parking lot, plugged into OBDII jack, punched a few buttons and I was good to go. No charge. All with the wife and 2 kids in the car, too.

What they are doing is "marrying" the VIN to the radio memory, so that when the BCM performs the security checks on startup, it recognizes the radio as belonging to the car.

If you go in there knowing what you are talking about, they quickly loose interest in trying to scare you about it being some fancy, elaborate thing. Same with most any service. If you know what you are talking about, they loose the advantage and they know it quickly. If they insist on charging you, tell them you will give them 5 minutes worth of labor, or (if labor is $70/hr)$5.83. Just kidding. Most places have a minimum labor charge. But don't let them charge you more than the minimum!
    Ogre
    Last edited by unplugged; 10-12-2008 at 01:14 PM. Reason: correct info
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

Legend
    Blog Entries

I had this happen on a 2001 S-10 w/ a delphi radio, and it ended up going to the dealer.
    I also had my 2005 Silverado w/ Bose stereo in it happen, ended up taking it to the dealer.
    I never got charged either way, they said it happens all the time and had it fixed in five minutes!
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap