GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Anyone bought an '08 Suburban recently?

Wondering how much dealers are willing to wheel and deal right now with the end of the model year upon us? Looking at an '08 LTZ 4x4, Blk on Blk, with retractable steps and chrome package (wheels, tow hooks, etc) MSRP of 58,085. In the middle TN area there seems to be a glut of 08 inventory available. Got some laughable quotes via email for a few with only about 2K off of MSRP before incentives. Anyone have advice or a story with a recent purchase? Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries

Welcome to the site! I'm not sure what promos are going on right now but as we reach the end of the year, you will find better and better deals. I bought my 06 on 12/31/06 after the 07's came out so they were pushing the 06's like crazy!
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

In 8/08, I bought an '08 a Suburban LT in Alabama. Sticker was ~ $47K...I got it out the door for $36.5K.
    - Allen

2008 Suburban LT Wht/Blk Auto
    2008 535i Blk/Blk 6-Speed
    1997 911 Blk/Blk 6-Speed
    1995 525i Blk/Blk 5-Speed*
    1990 325i Blk/Blk 5-speed*
    * gone but not forgotten

"everything's a dream when your alone" - Swamp Thing - 1982

Quote Originally Posted by bro_hof View Post
    Got some laughable quotes via email for a few with only about 2K off of MSRP before incentives. Anyone have advice or a story with a recent purchase?

I don't know if "used" is an option for you, but my wife and I just got back from driving to AR to pick up a 2007 2WD for $15,000. Yes, there's family discount in there, but the local dealers wouldn't have given them more than $22k for it. It has 17,000 miles and is the LTZ.

With all the folk still knee-jerking over gas prices, I'd say buy private-party, used. ...but I know some folks only buy new!

Ed Wallace on his show "wheels with Ed Wallace" said that prices for big trucks and suburbans have already started to go up wholesale. Trucks that would have brought $20k last week will now bring $25k this week. The reason is that as gas prices have fallen, there are people that were on the fence before about big trucks and burbans ... now will make the decision to buy. More buyers means higher prices. I'd argue that given the current state of affairs, you could get a great deal now and more people will be looking to buy later on this year ... might be the best time now.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

The local Chevy dealer was offering a fully loaded (MSRP $58k) in Aug. for $42k, in Sept. he was down to $37k. I havent talked to them since last month because I wasnt interested in a new Suburban. They were also willing to give me $3k over my purchase price for my 08 HHR as a trade-in.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    The local Chevy dealer was offering a fully loaded (MSRP $58k) in Aug. for $42k, in Sept. he was down to $37k. I havent talked to them since last month because I wasnt interested in a new Suburban. They were also willing to give me $3k over my purchase price for my 08 HHR as a trade-in.

WOW! That's a crazy price and deal. The end of the month is coming...I'll report back with either my new Burb or XL Denali.

Just bought an '08 Suburban 2 weeks ago. Traded in the Avalanche that I was upside down on (by a LOT according to KBB). Bought the Suburban out the door (before I added goodies to it... hard not to) for less than sticker. The Avalanche is on the lot listed retail for less than what the dealer wrote up on it for 'trade value'.

0 for 72 is hard to say no to as well. Borrow someone else's money for 6 years at no cost.....
    Phil

2008 Suburban LT3
    2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
    2007 Saturn Vue Hybrid

"Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut."

Former Vehicles
    2007 Avalanche, 2001 Saab 9-5, 2001 Grand Prix, 2005 Saab 9-7x, 2005 Corvette Coupe, 1998 Corvette Coupe, 2002 Sierra, 1998 Corvette Convertible, 2001 Sonoma, 2000 Tahoe Limited, 1994 Saturn SL2, 1983 S-15 Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post

September they were offering employee pricing for everyone. (about 8K in savings right off the bat), and had about 10K in incentives for buying an '08 in stock, depending on local. Locally they had a couple that were 50k list in the upper 30's. I get employee pricing all the time, so I waited for the 0%, even though they are still offering a big rebate.