GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: grille swap

Talking grille swap

does anyone know if the 2008 sierra grilles fit on the 2008 silverados?... i wanna swap the grille and customize it a bit but im not sure if it works. i know the colorado/canyon grilles are identical and can be swapped and i really want to do this for my silverado

i would think they are close, the best way to find out is to try, see if your dealership will let you return an opened part and then just try it...or wait till someone else does it lol

well i wanted to buy one off ebay for really cheap and then customize it if it fit... so i wouldnt be able to return it to the dealer... but ive been looking around at the sierras and i do think it will fit... im in no hurry to do this though so im gonna wait to see if anyone knows for sure

Sr. Apprentice

i just spent a few minutes comparing them, i dont think it will. if you look at the bottom corners of the grill they are more square on the silverado than sierra because of a different bumper. on the top of the sierra grille the chrome bar is on the hood, it could probably be mounted on the silverado hood but the hoods are different and i think it owuld look funny. and the angles where it runs along the side of the headlights looks differnt. i think you would have to swap the entire front clip

hmm... bummer... ok maybe i should also look at them more closely instead of just hoping they fit... will do then thanks man

how are you going to customize it to fit? if your customizing it you might be able to get it to fit. I saw a nbs GMC tonight and was kinda looking at it wondering for you. couldn't really tell much because i had my wife with me and i didn't want people to thing i was "casing" the truck out to steal. lol but i'll look around somemore and get back to on this.
    Peter

2007 Silverado LT Crew NNBS 5.3
    Stock 20"
    Black Powdercoated Billet Gas Door
    LineX Bedliner
    Go Rhino Dom II Bars
    Work in Progress
    1952 Chrysler 2dr Windsor } Mine and Dad's
    1966 Ford Mustang

Former Cars
    2000 civic hx Moded
    1993 Probe simi moded
    1985 Nissan 4x4 Kingcab

So*Cal Group

well i wanted to get the grille, cut out the stock inserts or whatever its called and install a black street scene grille... then maybe leave it like that or add the bowtie back in the middle... kinda floating...

something like this... its a colorado with a canyon grille and the same insert i want

you can buy an after market grill for the chevy and do the samething.

yeah but i wont have that gap in the middle... i want something that looks like this but rbp's cost 1,000+
    no freaking way im paying that much for a grille...

Sr. Apprentice

ok, now i see what your saying, im sure someone makes a shell of that sort that you can put in without the center bar. if you wanted to you could probably cut out the center bar, fiberglass over where the bar was cut and have it painted then get a sierra grille to fit inside it. just a guess tho. $1000 is way to much for that grille.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by