GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Someone should put a pic up of this, I'm not sure what is being discussed being painted.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Someone should put a pic up of this, I'm not sure what is being discussed being painted.
    headlights?

Let us know how it comes out. I am considering a set of black halos. But painting is cheaper, just afraid of leaking issues in the futur if I go the route you are going.
    2008 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4wd LT1 Package with 20" wheel upgrade,K&N CAI, Magnaflow Catback Dual Side Exit, Tuff Country 2" Leveling Kit, Blackbear Tune, 6k HIDS Low and High Beams, 3K HID fog lights, LED tailight bar

steve were talking about taking out the orange reflectors in the headlights. or as in this case painting them.

i want to take out my reflector.. altho painted white would look good..
    08 5.3 silverado...toyo m.t 33 12.50 18 rockstars...leveled with 2" blocks...cherrybomb catback...6k hids

Actually, I'm talking about painting the unnecessary chrome surfaces of the headlights black and leaving the reflective surfaces and orange reflectors. Similar to the headlights in the new Tahoe's, Avs and Trailblazers.
    I cannot for the life of me get this adhesive to break loose. I've had it up to 310F and its still like hard rubber.

Here, this guy did it: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2945587

I've emailed him requesting info but he hasn't answered, and I doubt he'll be too eager to give away his tips...

I may be buying the set of Anzo Projectors....
    08 Z71 Victory Red Crew Cab
    Ground Force 2" drop in rear, 22" wheels, Toyo ST Rubber, K&N Intake, Magnaflow Duals, Bully Dog Prog., Weathertech Floormats, Grillcraft Grill, Undercover Sing Case, Viair Compressor, Wolo Horns, Hellwig F&R Sway Bars, Plasmaglow LED's, PEAK backup camera, Husky Mudflaps....lots more in the works.

did it with my cavalier all you need is a heat gun, sharp knife and a flat head screwdriver for prying

and make sure you use a flat black, you dont see the imperfections as much. my brother in law used glossy and it didnt look as good as the flat

just make sure you use a good amount of silicone sealant and you should have no problems with leaking or fogging over

I cant get it. ticks me right off. My Matrix I did was super easy. These Silverado units just dont want to come appart. 310F and 10 minutes and the glue they use is still like hard rubber. Thinking I'll just end up getting the Anzo Projector/Halos.....even though I dont like them. That, or I'll just tint the lens of the stock lights. Drives me nutts though....that other guy did it....I'd like to know what temp he baked them at.
    Ground Force 2" drop in rear, 22" wheels, Toyo ST Rubber, K&N Intake, Magnaflow Duals, Bully Dog Prog., Weathertech Floormats, Grillcraft Grill, Undercover Sing Case, Viair Compressor, Wolo Horns, Hellwig F&R Sway Bars, Plasmaglow LED's, PEAK backup camera, Husky Mudflaps....lots more in the works.

Jr. Mechanic

Oven trick doesn;t work on these. You have to actually cut them apart with a dremel and a very thin cutting disc.

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/...eadlights.html

4WD/4.88s/TrueTrac/EFI Live | Rancho 4" SL | 3" BL| 20" Ballistic Jesters | 35" Toyos
    Fabricated One-Off Prerunner Lightbar, Bed Tire Mount and Dual Shock Hoops w/ FOAs

Thank you thank you thank you. That method was a consideration.... I'll do it tonight.

Keep us updated. I might have to give that a shot as well.
    2008 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4wd LT1 Package with 20" wheel upgrade,K&N CAI, Magnaflow Catback Dual Side Exit, Tuff Country 2" Leveling Kit, Blackbear Tune, 6k HIDS Low and High Beams, 3K HID fog lights, LED tailight bar

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast