GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default GM Takeover of Chrysler!

This comes from Businessweek! It's not official, but it's on paper!

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/...rss_topStories

Under the Hood of a GM-Chrysler Merger
    BusinessWeek has learned details of the proposed merger between GM and Chrysler. The rewards are hugeó but so are the obstacles!

As top executives at General Motors (GM) and Chrysler owner Cerberus Capital Management continue to talk about a merger, the most popular scenario at this point would still have all three companies joined at the hip.

Talks between the two companies continue, and while a deal is far from certain, the two sides are narrowing in on a merger structure that both think could work, BusinessWeek has learned. The basic outcome has GM folding Chrysler's auto business into its own while Cerberus would merge lending arm Chrysler Financial Services and GMAC Financial Services. Cerberus owns 51% of GMAC while GM owns the rest.

If that deal goes through, GM would end up owning a minority piece of the merged finance company and Cerberus would still have a stake in GM. While many analysts have figured that Cerberus would retreat from the car business, the private equity firm would remain deeply in the game. If the deal ends up working this way, every company involved has a vested interest in seeing the other succeed. It would still behoove Cerberus to run the combined lender so that it helps sell more GM and Chrysler cars.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Oooh, this spounds cool. Maybe GM can make Chrysler something I would like again.
    ...just my two cents.

1985 6.2l Suburban 211,000 miles. Bought to run on WVO.

1995 5.7l Suburban 238,000 miles. I love this truck but since I'm an old, cripple, disabled veteran, I need to sell it. I can't afford both of them.
    I gived it to my mom, actually, back in June, I think it was.

It makes things interesting at least. If it's a true merger then a lot of people are going to lose their jobs. That sucks.

Ok, at first glance it appeared cool. The article brings up a few points worthy of consideration, such as the UAW affects.

This was a good article/topic, though. Thanks for posting it.