GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default need response asap

hey tonight it was raining and i was in a closed parking lot with no one in it, tryin to c if the burban would get side ways it was a big deal with one of my friends, it did get side ways and then it kinda spun out and i think i rolled backwards and my suburban had all these CEL light on for a sec then the car shut off completely and then wouldn't start the first attempt i waited about 1 min and tryed again giviving a little gas and it started back up . did the fuel system shut off for protection and is it ok if this is a one time occurance?

PLZ DONT SPAM ME ON HOW STUPID I'M B/C I TRYED ONCE AND IT WAS THE FIRST AND LAST TIME TO TRY THAT IN THE SUBURBAN

my friend had a lifted cherokee he used to ebrake all the time (terrible terrible idea) if he was low on gas the gas would slosh to one side of the tank and it would stall out. I don't know if this helps you at all
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

Blog Entries

I am going to have to agree, if you were low on fuel then the engine might have stalled if you made all the fuel go to the opposite side of the tank. It can happen and I have heard of it happening. But what I want to know is why lights came on? Were they dash lights or overhead cab lights. You jus wrote CEL but I don't really know if that was a warning light on the dash or what you were trying to get at with that.
    1996 Chevy K1500 Silverado Z71
    -248000 miles
    -The legendary 350 small block V8 (5.7L)
    -Sound System with a 10'' kicker L5 sub and 1300W amp in a sealed box

Blog Entries

Low fuel is what i'm thinking!
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

the message center light came on for a sec it went by fast so im thinking the light that come on when u just turn ur key forward . and i had about a quarter tank

You didn't mention your yr/mod. Could your antics have confused the computer/onStar into thinking you were in a wreck and it shut off the fuel as a precaution? Check your owners manual to see if there's a reset procedure.
    Good luck.
    Are we having fun, yet?

Blog Entries

Although it is weird that it did it, I am still thinking it was the low amount of fuel. When you think of 1/4 tank in a 25-30 gallon tank it is not very much fuel and is probably why it happened. I personally wouldn't worry about it too much. But it didn't start the first attempt? Maybe there was a little bit of air in the lines from the sudden loss of fuel and it took the fuel pump a few more seconds to deliver the fuel to the engine again and that is what happened the second time. My bronco does that stuff all the time when I am four wheeling but it also has a carb that chokes out at weird angles. I would just wait and see if it happens again when you aren't playing around with it and if that happens then you know there is something in your fuel system that is not working correctly. Hope that helps!

I would also suggest that you not let the fuel level drop below 1/4 tank. The fuel in the tank is also used to cool the fuel pump, and there isn't enough in the tank, it can cause your pump to prematurely fail.

This is true of all vehicles with an "In-Tank" fuel pump which is pretty much the setup on every fuel injected vehicle.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)