GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Which Window Visors?

With the cooler weather getting here, I've had the urge to drive with the windows down. Well, I forgot how the wind can beat you in the head when driving on the highway. In my old truck, I had a set of AVS Vent Visors (in-channel), and they worked great. I started looking online for a set for my truck and looked over some reviews and I found quite a few people that said they were junk. Have they gotten crappy over the years?

What kind of window visors do yall have and how have they worked for you?
    Matt
    Hallsville, TX

2005 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 5.3L 2WD
    K&N FIPK II
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
    Suspension Leveling Kit
    Putco Element Window Visors
    Carriage Works Billet Grille
    TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover

I bought the AVS in-channel for mine back in September and I'm really happy with them. I've had several sets of WeatherTechs on past vehicles, but I actually like the AVS because they are much easier to install and cost a whole lot less for giving the same function.

I posted pictures and comments here:
    http://istargazer.blogspot.com/2008/...t-mod-avs.html
    2007 Yukon XL Denali ~ Hardwired V1 Radar w/hidden display ~ PnP Sirius Satellite Radio ~ Weathertech Floor Liners ~ AVS In-channel Ventvisors ~ Chrome Lower-mirror Covers ~ Re-badged Rear Hatch ~ 17" ATX Thug Black Teflon winter rims ~ Putco Tailgate Handle Cover ~ Red interior dome lights ~ Chrome window sill trim ~ 30' Tango Travel Trailer

My favorite is the Putco in channel. I like the design and the fact that they're not on every truck out there. Much slimmer design and very stylish.
    http://putco.com/product/Element_Tinted_Visor/
    08 Z71 Victory Red Crew Cab
    Ground Force 2" drop in rear, 22" wheels, Toyo ST Rubber, K&N Intake, Magnaflow Duals, Bully Dog Prog., Weathertech Floormats, Grillcraft Grill, Undercover Sing Case, Viair Compressor, Wolo Horns, Hellwig F&R Sway Bars, Plasmaglow LED's, PEAK backup camera, Husky Mudflaps....lots more in the works.

Legend

Blog Entries

Just a quick question here.... how can they be junk? They don't DO anything.. they're just a plastic form that sticks to the truck. Some people have problems with them flying off all of a sudden at high speed or disintegrate into space dust after hitting a pot hole?

Just wondering!

As for what I have installed... I couldn't tell you. Came with them on there when the truck was bought but I'd be ore than happy to look for a name on them tomorrow!
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Quote Originally Posted by Springthing View Post
    Just a quick question here.... how can they be junk? They don't DO anything.. they're just a plastic form that sticks to the truck. Some people have problems with them flying off all of a sudden at high speed or disintegrate into space dust after hitting a pot hole?

!
    hes got a point matt lol

Ryan

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4x4 (the Yellow Jacket)
    4inch suspension 3inch body
    Straight 6 (383 Stroker within a year)
    36inch SuperSwamper TSL.
    Detroit Loccers
    Daily Driver Weekend Wheeler
    much more...

2004 Sierra crew cab, 2wd, 5.3 V8
    2inch Daystar Leveling kit
    single dumped Flowmaster 40 sieries exaust(removed)
    Mb Blitz Chrome wheels
    Leer Bed Cover(for sale)
    50k miles
    :glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by Springthing View Post

Just wondering!

As for what I have installed... I couldn't tell you. Came with them on there when the truck was bought but I'd be ore than happy to look for a name on them tomorrow!
    People said they have broken while they were installing them, and others have broken from contact with the window in the channel. Basically, they were saying they can break easily. I had one break when I had them on my old Ranger, but that was because one of my dumbass friends decided to try to climb in through the open window and he busted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Never Enough View Post
    My favorite is the Putco in channel. I like the design and the fact that they're not on every truck out there. Much slimmer design and very stylish.
    http://putco.com/product/Element_Tinted_Visor/
    Thanks for the tip! I hadn't looked at these. I found them on Stylintrucks.com for only $40! Price seems right, and there's even a little video on there showing how they are very flexible and won't break. Might end up going with these.

Quote Originally Posted by MWright936 View Post
    People said they have broken while they were installing them, and others have broken from contact with the window in the channel. Basically, they were saying they can break easily. I had one break when I had them on my old Ranger, but that was because one of my dumbass friends decided to try to climb in through the open window and he busted it.
    sometimes they seem to be a little fraigle..

I've found that the WeatherTechs are more brittle and easier to break than the AVS.

Legend

Blog Entries

ah! ok... makes sense.