GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Here was mine this year.

Cheers ~Mykk

Vortec 357ci Small Block Chevy: Big cam, high stall, long headers, rear gears. The typical formula.

Looks llike there was some vandalism in my neighborhood, we had a car at a neighbors party with a stolen pumpkin smashed the windshield across from my garage...

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Yesterday was a little different. Some folks showed up in large SUVs and a bunch of kids piled out ...
    We live on a mountain and our side street is flat so minivans and SUVs drive in and drop kids off in front of our house. We get over 200 kids to our door every Halloween--and it's growing every year. When I'm out with my kids, I make them walk (run) to earn their candy but we have to be extra careful wth all the heavy vehicle traffic that invades our neighborhood!

You know what bugs me, though?

It's the parents who accompany their younger kids (no problem there) but who are obviously grabbing candy for themselves. I saw one mother dressed in full-masked costume with a trick or treat bag going door to door with her kid. How do I know? I was standing on the driveway waiting for my kids and I heard those 2 come out talking to each other!

Also, if your child is so young that they cannot walk by themselves (i.e. only 8-months old) please don't dress them up so you can go begging for candy. As a responsible parent, I truly hope you would not be feeding them the candy you are collecting door-to-door. If you want candy for yourself so badly, go buy some with your own money and leave the rest for the other "real" kids. Seriously, someone like that came to our door.

And last night I saw another mom dragging her 1 1/2-year-old daughter along the sidewalk telling her that they needed to get to the next house for more treats. The toddler who had a pacifier stuck in her mouth could hardly keep up!

They didn't look like unwed teenage moms, either. They were grown adult women!
    2007 Yukon XL Denali ~ Hardwired V1 Radar w/hidden display ~ PnP Sirius Satellite Radio ~ Weathertech Floor Liners ~ AVS In-channel Ventvisors ~ Chrome Lower-mirror Covers ~ Re-badged Rear Hatch ~ 17" ATX Thug Black Teflon winter rims ~ Putco Tailgate Handle Cover ~ Red interior dome lights ~ Chrome window sill trim ~ 30' Tango Travel Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by 04SilveradoMykk View Post
    Here was mine this year.

Cheers ~Mykk
    Ha, ha--good one!

Looks llike there was some vandalism in my neighborhood, we had a car at a neighbors party with a stolen pumpkin smashed the windshield across from my garage...
    That's too bad. It's why I'm so paranoid about leaving cars on the driveway overnight. I see houses with some pretty nice vehicles and I wouldn't be able to sleep on Halloween if I didn't park them inside.

Quote Originally Posted by 04sierracrewcab View Post
    we had NO trick or treaters last night!!!
    Now what am I supposed to do w all this candy?????
    Uh...eat it!
    Matt
    Hallsville, TX

2005 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 5.3L 2WD
    K&N FIPK II
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
    Suspension Leveling Kit
    Putco Element Window Visors
    Carriage Works Billet Grille
    TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover

Quote Originally Posted by 04SilveradoMykk View Post
    Here was mine this year.

Cheers ~Mykk
    Another EXTERNALLY HOSTED IMAGES goes down. A mother somewhere is crying, I hope you're happy.

Post up a picture of your favorite costumes from the past, or what you like for this year ... or what you go as and post your pictures in the next week or two.

Post up a picture of your favorite costumes from the past, or what you like for this year ... or what you go as and post your pictures in the next week or two.
    Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. Use your imagination and picture Batman in catwomans outfit

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    We live on a mountain and our side street is flat so minivans and SUVs drive in and drop kids off in front of our house. We get over 200 kids to our door every Halloween--and it's growing every year. When I'm out with my kids, I make them walk (run) to earn their candy but we have to be extra careful wth all the heavy vehicle traffic that invades our neighborhood!

You know what bugs me, though?

It's the parents who accompany their younger kids (no problem there) but who are obviously grabbing candy for themselves. I saw one mother dressed in full-masked costume with a trick or treat bag going door to door with her kid. How do I know? I was standing on the driveway waiting for my kids and I heard those 2 come out talking to each other!

Also, if your child is so young that they cannot walk by themselves (i.e. only 8-months old) please don't dress them up so you can go begging for candy. As a responsible parent, I truly hope you would not be feeding them the candy you are collecting door-to-door. If you want candy for yourself so badly, go buy some with your own money and leave the rest for the other "real" kids. Seriously, someone like that came to our door.

And last night I saw another mom dragging her 1 1/2-year-old daughter along the sidewalk telling her that they needed to get to the next house for more treats. The toddler who had a pacifier stuck in her mouth could hardly keep up!

They didn't look like unwed teenage moms, either. They were grown adult women!
    Wow, that's amazing. Yeah, what's crazy? You can get all the candy you want for $15, why go door-to-door?

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. Use your imagination and picture Batman in catwomans outfit
    You're right, I did get a visual on that.