GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vent Visors

Default Vent Visors

I am looking at the AVS vent visors inchannels. What has been your experience with them. The last ones i had have been the 3m tape kind they were fine but looked cheesy taped to the side of my other truck. Do the in channels make noise or mess up the wheather stripping.
    Chevy Silverado 2008 Z71 LT 4WD

I have them on my Yukon and they work great. It's easy to install. They still use tape, though, just on the inside so you can't see it.
    2007 Yukon XL Denali ~ Hardwired V1 Radar w/hidden display ~ PnP Sirius Satellite Radio ~ Weathertech Floor Liners ~ AVS In-channel Ventvisors ~ Chrome Lower-mirror Covers ~ Re-badged Rear Hatch ~ 17" ATX Thug Black Teflon winter rims ~ Putco Tailgate Handle Cover ~ Red interior dome lights ~ Chrome window sill trim ~ 30' Tango Travel Trailer

Sweet thanks I will pick some up

Blog Entries

When I bought my truck new at the dealership, part of the accessory package it had were the GM smoked vent visors. The are the stick on kind and have been great and no tape is visible.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

I had them on the '96 Silverado I had and ended up throwing them away. The ones I had didn't use tape, but stayed in place w/o any problems. The only thing is that they actually channeled rain water into the door and kept the carpet wet. It took me a while to figure where the water was coming from, but I couldn't get them to quit screwing up my carpet.

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

There is virtuallly no price difference from AVS and GM. Unless you are going with chrome I'd take a look at what the dealer has. Chances are its a better fit.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

"I had them on the '96 Silverado I had and ended up throwing them away. The ones I had didn't use tape, but stayed in place w/o any problems.

The only thing is that they actually channeled rain water into the door and kept the carpet wet."
    Hmmm, that sounds like a problem to me!

Luckily, I haven't encountered that at all. My problem is with the actual shape of the side glass:

[media]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k33/istargazer/Denali%20XL/AVS_ventvisor_gap.jpg[/media]
    Because GM rounded the corners, if I lower the window a bit too much during heavy rain, I get hit on the side of my head with a bit of water:LOL:. But I figure that would happen with any brand of visors.

Check out these window vents from WeatherTech.
    http://www.weathertech.com/store/pro...?ItemGroupId=4

They are in-channel mounted - NO tape. A bit tricky to install cuz of pressure fit in the rubber channel. Take your time so as not to damage the vent and or the window rubber. But once you get one in, the other is a snap. Very clean look with a secure fit.
    Last edited by BlueDrago; 11-05-2008 at 01:11 AM. Reason: misspelled word

I have the AVS in channel visors on my truck and they look great and keep water out. I don't have any problems with em.
    Vehicle:
    2008 Chevy Silverado EXT Cab W/T 1500

The GM ones dont fit any better than the AVS ones....who do you think makes them FOR GM? Its called private labeling. They are EXACTLY the same thing.... go with the less expensive one.
    08 Z71 Victory Red Crew Cab
    Ground Force 2" drop in rear, 22" wheels, Toyo ST Rubber, K&N Intake, Magnaflow Duals, Bully Dog Prog., Weathertech Floormats, Grillcraft Grill, Undercover Sing Case, Viair Compressor, Wolo Horns, Hellwig F&R Sway Bars, Plasmaglow LED's, PEAK backup camera, Husky Mudflaps....lots more in the works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast